Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Shop Manager, you will be responsible for hiring, training, and supervising qualified employees to ensure company-owned equipment remains in top running condition. You’ll be monitoring service quality that will provide our drivers with safe and reliable equipment, helping them to deliver superior service to our customers. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing global company that’s clearly going places, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Handle maintenance team employees and contingent workers, including hiring, mentoring, scheduling, training/development, as well as offering promotion, discipline and termination recommendations
- Support the Manager of Fleet Maintenance (MFM) in overseeing equipment maintenance and out-of-service equipment at outlying Service Centers supported by the shop
- Facilitate the Job Selection/Shift Bid (JSP) process for shop employees
- Oversee routine maintenance functions to ensure equipment proficiency and the highest productivity levels; ensure all work orders, including commercial work orders, are closed accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure shop cycle counts and inventory levels are handled correctly, including movement and non-movement of inventory within assigned thresholds
- Review and analyze trends in parts utilization, gains, shortages, usage, uptime, and non-movement, in a way that ensures the highest efficiency and productivity of the shop
- Monitor shop for safety, service, quality, efficiency, financial controls, and maintenance compliance
- Ensure company procedures, DOT policies and other required standard work instructions are followed by all shop employees
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 4 years of experience in fleet maintenance
- A valid driver's license
It’d be great if you also have:
- Associate degree
- Current ASE certifications
- Current CDL
- Less-than-Truckload (LTL) experience
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively organize and present information; ability to lead and motivate others
- Excellent time management skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Work outdoors in inclement weather
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (46808)