There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around.
This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
WHY WORK FOR US Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career.
Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration.
And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
JOB DESCRIPTION At General Motors we strive for a culture of excellence.
We act with integrity. We are driven by ingenuity and innovation.
We have the courage to do and say what's difficult.
Each of us takes accountability for results, drives for continued efficiencies and has the tenacity to win.
We are seeking Manufacturing Group Leader Co-Ops who will have general supervisory responsibility over a large group of employees engaged in plant production operations.
We need employees who are natural influencers and leaders who can motivate their peers to accomplish goals.
However, you would also have responsibilities in achieving production schedules using lean manufacturing principles.
Utilizing both skills would teach you excellent leadership skills as well as manufacturing processes.
Having this knowledge makes you a valuable employee.
Your work would involve the coordination of several operations involving the ability to make decisions within the limits of general practices and policies.
Work performed under general supervision, while exercising a high level of independent judgment.
RESPONSIBILITIES: - Maintain awareness of quality standards, communicate department quality goals and use resources to solve quality problems
- Build and maintain good working relationships with employees, union and management
- Understand and consistently coordinate the National and Local Agreements between General Motors and the United Auto Workers Union
- Bring leadership skills that help develop teams
- Strong problem-solving skills utilizing data
- Implement/follow systems that prevent reoccurrence of known issues.
- Promote safe work practices and achieve objectives for ergonomics, health and safety and housekeeping.
- Empower, train and develop employees to effectively perform their jobs utilizing standardized methods
- Utilize human resources in accordance with corporate policies and procedures and government regulations
- Control costs and achieve productivity improvements
- Provide input to payroll and perform other administrative tasks as required
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to implement and apply lean principles to both operations and maintenance
- Apply technical knowledge with some direct guidance from supervisor
ADDITIONAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Location/Region: Roanoke, IN (46783)