POSITION: HEALTH COORDINATOR
LOCATION: 227 E WASHINGTON BLVD
HOURS: 7:30AM–4:30PM, MON–THUR, 7:30AM–11:30AM, FRI (additional hours as required)
SALARY RANGE: $22.34 – $27.01 PER HOUR
- Develop, implement, and monitor a Health program for children, families, and staff of Brightpoint Head Start/Early Head Start.
- Coordinate with the Health Assistant, Home Visitors and Family Advocates in the implementation of the functions of the health component.
- Develop a list of local health resources, a system to use these resources, and establish a close working relationship with local providers through contractual agreements or volunteer services as appropriate.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating children’s health records.
- Responsible for coordinating children’s health screenings.
- Develop policies and procedures for responding to medical and dental emergencies and concerns.
- Develop cooperative working relationships and provide support to other staff members in achieving program goals.
- Assist families in assuming the primary responsibility for their own health care by linking them to an on-going health care system.
- Collaborate with the Health Services Advisory Committee in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Head Start Health component to ensure that services for families are available and accessible.
- Responsible for completing required program reports.
- Fulfill and comply with the Head Start Act, all Head Start regulations, federal, state, and local regulations, contractual agreements, and funding guidelines.
- Attend and participate in meetings, trainings, and conferences as required.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Children’s Health Manager.
- Assist in the implementation of and assure adherence to Brightpoint Personnel Policies, Fiscal Procedures, EEO/AA requirements, and other established rules of the workplace.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with a current Indiana license. Or, a Bachelor’s Degree in a related Health field such as Public Health, Maternal and Child Health, or Health Education. Experience with young children ages 0 -5 is preferred.
- At least one (1) year related work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills needed including Outlook, Word and Excel knowledge.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; self-motivated, attentive to detail, well organized, dependable, productive, and functions well under deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Ability to relate well with individuals from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds, particularly low-income.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of communications and records.
- Must be able to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid within 6 months of hire.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to dependable transportation. Must maintain minimum liability limits of $100,000/$300,000 on auto insurance.
DATES FOR INTERNAL POSTING: 9/16/21 TO 10/15/21
TENTATIVE DATES FOR EXTERNAL POSTING:9/16/21 TO 10/15/21
APPROXIMATE DATE FOR POSITION TO BEGIN: 10/22/21
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT HR DEPARTMENT, EXT. 206 OR 213
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED – 227 E Washington Blvd, FORT WAYNE, IN
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., MONDAY – THURSDAY, OR 8:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M., FRIDAY
OR VIA THE INTERNET AT
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN