- Responsible for operating powered equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting product.
- Responsible for checking all inbound and outbound products.
- Ensures products are free of damage and infestation, product code dates are properly recorded and products match customer requirements.
- Load, unload, move, stock, and stage products and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment 80% of specified shift.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment ensuring the exact number and types of product is loaded.
- Keep appropriate records and reports for inventory accuracy.
- Comply with all OSHA and MSDS standards. Verify load accuracy; check the load count, stability, and product damage, Report variances as necessary.
- Changes equipment battery or LP tank and monitors power source as necessary. Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Complete daily inspection of equipment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management or customer.
- Work with peers in order to complete warehouse functions accurately.
- Group Coord Lead - Receive work assignments and training. Management
- Receive direction for adhering to company policies, practices, and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable.
- Forklift operator certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift-training program within the first 30 days of employment is essential.
- Experience: Six months warehouse experience and six months forklift operation experience is desirable.
- Essential - Ability to spend 80% of time operating powered material handling equipment.
- Basic familiarity with the warehousing.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work specified shifts.
- Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow directions/instructions.
- Working knowledge of warehouse management system equipment.
- 3rd Shift: 11:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Must be able to train on 1st Shift (7:00 AM - 3:00 PM) for 4 weeks before transitioning to 3rd Shift.
- Must be flexible to transition to 2nd Shift after getting hired in, (estimated to be approximately 90 days).
About Spherion Staffing Services
Since 1946, Spherion has placed millions of talented individuals in rewarding administrative, clerical, light industrial, customer service, non-clinical healthcare and professional jobs. Filling a broad mix of flexible, temp-to-hire and direct hire positions, Spherion is a trusted recruiting and staffing partner to more than 3,000 companies nationwide.
Location/Region: Columbia City, IN (US)