The purpose of this position is to assist the activity director in implementing an activity program targeted to community residents stated preferences and desires and in compliance with state, local or federal requirements, and Kingston Policies and procedures to meet residents' needs.
- Identify and document residents' activity interests, needs and concerns Update as necessary and report changes to Activity Director.
- Implement Reality Orientation programs when appropriate.
- Plan and conduct activity programs to assist residents achieve maximum independence.
- Assist in planning and implementing evening and weekend functions as necessary.
- Take part in in-service education programs and attend all in-service sessions relating to the Activity Program.
- Assist volunteers as directed by Activity Director.
- Schedule and implement room visits and in-room activities for residents unable to leave their rooms.
- Schedule and implement indoor and outdoor activity programs.
- Maintain an activity attendance record for each resident.
- Be responsible for the safety of residents under his/her supervision.
- Treat residents, guests and coworkers with courtesy and genuine care.
Work Schedule : Monday 4p-8p, Every Other Weekend 1p-4p
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School grad, GED or otherwise demonstrate an ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be proficient in computer-based word processing applications. Must be able to, at a minimum, to create calendars, schedules, flyers, and posters and to format newsletters using basic word processing and desk top publishing programs.
- Must demonstrate patience, tact, enthusiasm and positive attitude toward the elderly.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds occasionally. Finger, hand dexterity, visual and aural acuity is necessary. Position requires physical activity listed below.
- Ability to travel locally as required.
- If facility requires you to drive company vehicle, must possess an unrestricted current driver’s license and a safe driving record as demonstrated by a state-provided Motor Vehicle Record free of major moving violations or accidents.
Kingston HealthCare Company is a growing, financially stable, privately held company, owning and operating fourteen communities specializing in rehabilitative and skilled nursing, assisted living, and Memory care. Visit our website for more details: http://www.kingstonhealthcare.com/us/who-we-are/
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)