• Responsible for the effective function of all areas of service provided in the branch.
• Selects, trains, and evaluates the performance of branch personnel, including volunteers, terminating employment when
• Collaborates with the centralized collection development team.
• Oversees collection management through weeding, consultation with adult, non-print and youth collection development
librarians, and filling of customer's special requests.
• Participates in the development of procedures for the branch; works closely with other operations managers in developing
system-wide library services and programs. Ensures branch compliance with system-wide goals.
• Assists customers with use of public equipment, computers, and the library's ILS.
• Assists customers in readers' advisory and reference work.
• Supervises the planning, promotion, and implementation of branch and system programming for youth and adults.
• Approves purchase requests generated by the branch.
• Prepares periodic reports on branch activities.
• Monitors performance of automated system and database maintenance as it relates to the branch.
• Supervises and reports on the welfare of the assigned branch handling and reporting emergency security, housekeeping, and
• Participates in staff development programs, workshops, and professional associations.
• Serves on ad hoc materials evaluation committee in cases of material complaint as needed.
• Participates in meetings as required.
- Master’s of Library Science from a school accredited by the American Library Association.
- 3 plus years of experience in professional library work.
- Some experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Must apply for and maintain Indiana Librarian Certification, earning 75 LEU(Library Education Units)within five years.
- Analytical abilities sufficient for evaluating daily use of the branch and scheduling staff to best serve the public.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient for attracting and retaining volunteers and encouraging branch staff members in their pursuit of excellent customer service to the public and for effective leadership of staff.
This position pays a salary of $40,791.30 and up based on comparable and related experience.
Click here for more information and to apply!
Visit out our website at www.acpl.info
About this company
The Allen County Public Library has been part of the social and cultural fabric of Fort Wayne, Indiana and surrounding communities since 1895. We have grown to consist of the beautiful, 367,000 square foot Main Library in downtown Fort Wayne and thirteen branches throughout our city and outlying communities. Fort Wayne has been cited as the Best Read City in the United States by Places Rated Almanac, due in large part to the library's collection and patrons' use of it.