Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Salary: $50K-$60K plus $10-$15K overtime
Our client, a multi-billion dollar chemical company has a need for a Plant Production Technician in the Fort Wayne, IN area. The Plant Technician is responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of a chemical plant. This is a challenging and rewarding job that requires the employee to have problem solving capabilities in mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and production processes.
On-Site Technicians must be dependable. They work with minimal supervision and must demonstrate initiative and self-motivation. Technicians usually work alone and have primary responsibility for their assigned plants. On-Site Techs must be available for call outs.
- Employees in this role operate all aspects of the plant, from routine operations to solving production problems. They maintain compressors, pumps, valves, motors and related equipment. The technicians start up, shut down, and operate the plant. The plant is located at a customer site and is typically within an hour drive from the home location.
- The technician must solve a variety of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and process control problems. The technician makes decisions which require coordination of interrelated tasks. The employee develops conceptual solutions to moderately difficult, non-routine issues/problems and provides guidance on technical leadership of projects.
- Technicians are trained and mentored as they develop knowledge and skills. The employee is also supported with supervision, lead technicians, engineers, sales and other technical staff. Occasionally the technician will travel to locations outside the assigned areas to support those plants.
- Maintain all Safety, Quality, and Compliance activities at their plant location
- Start up, shutdown, and operate the production processes.
- Perform routine maintenance and calibrations on a variety of process equipment including centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, gas analyzers, control systems, electrical systems and process control valves
- Trouble shoot and repair defective equipment, electrical components, and production processes
- Planning and executing operations and maintenance tasks for assigned plant
- Purchasing of materials and/or services such as contractors
- Monthly plant billing
- Documentation, reports, and other administrative duties
- Associate's degree in a technical field
- 2+ years of experience is highly desirable in many of the following fields:
- Air separation or similar complex process control function
- Instrumentation and control
- General maintenance of industrial equipment
- Compressors and compressor maintenance
- Industrial mechanical maintenance
- Industrial electrical or electrician
- Industrial Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Military technical fields
- Machinist Mates, Electrician Mates, Gas Turbine Technicians, Boiler Technicians.
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
- Dependable and honest
- Safety commitment and compliance with procedures
- Safe driving
- Trouble shooting and diagnostics
- Use volt-ohm meters, calibration devices, and data collectors
- Maintenance and repairs of industrial equipment
- Process understanding, process control schematic interpretation
- Computers, Microsoft applications, FIX 32, and process control computer systems
- Maintenance and compliance documentation
- Communications, both verbal and written
- Quality controls, analyzers
- Organization and time management
- Work Planning
- Self-directed learning
- Client has advancement opportunities for Technicians
- Employees must demonstrate advanced skills in plant operations and have a strong sense of ownership
- Safety performance, successful operations, and proven leadership are a must
- Advancement can lead to careers in Technical Support, Management, Engineering, Safety, Sales, and other positions.
- The Technician must be able to sit, stand, climb, walk, read, talk, see and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job. Additional activities for this job are:
- Drive a service (pickup) truck up to 2 or 3 hours per day and up to 8 hours on occasion.
- Perform office work requiring computer work and other administration duties 1 or 2 hours per day.
- Use of power tools such as drill and saws
- Use of volt meters and calibration devices
- On Call, 24 hours, 7 days a week. Must carry cell Company Cell phone and laptop for immediate availability.
- Additional conditions supplied upon request
Are you Authorized to work in the U.S. and do NOT require sponsorship? (COMPANY WILL NOT SPONSOR A CANDIDATE)
Do you have at least 3 years, and preferably over 5-years experience as a Production Technician for a chemical company, industrial gas or other manufacturing company?
Do you have experience in electrical troubleshooting and instrumentation systems?
Do you have experience troubleshooting and providing maintenance on rotating equipment like motors and air compressors?
Are you willing to be On Call 24 hours/day, 7 days/week?