Founded in 1969, Almet, Inc. is a structural steel fabricator located in New Haven, IN and is certified by the American Institute of Steel Construction. Almet has fabricated steel for schools, hospitals, bridges, and other custom projects for a variety of structural customers.
We have opportunities for Structural Steel Detailers and are searching for individuals who are looking for a career in the construction industry and are interested in steel CAD drafting. As a Steel Detailer at Almet, Inc., your responsibilities will include using detailing software SDS/2 and AutoCad to create structural drawings for our fabrication shop.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
· Detail shop fabrication drawings for structural beams, columns, stairs, handrails, and trusses.
· Generating a bill of materials for shop drawings
· Check other detailed fabrication drawings for accuracy
· Working with project engineers to clarify approval drawings
· Ensuring drawings are in compliance with AISC standards of steel construction
· BIM modeling
· Experience with AutoCAD, SDS/2, BIM modeling software
· Background in steel construction
· Associates degree with a focus in architecture or construction management
· Salary commensurate with skill level
· Medical, life, dental insurance coverage
· Profit Sharing Bonus
· 401k + company distribution