Auto dealer group in need of experienced full-time HR Generalist with Payroll Experience. The successful candidate will handle all aspects of HR as well as process all payrolls. This individual is expected to participate as part of the leadership team.
The HR Generalist will be responsible for a full-range of HR activities including, but not limited to the following:
- Execute all pre-employment screening.
- Provide recommendations to senior management regarding hiring decisions and salary offers, ensuring that salary offers are within the appropriate range for the job.
- Prepares time and attendance records for payroll input. Ability to complete full payroll cycle from processing regular checks, commissions and bonuses and complete all payroll related reporting to 3rd parties including the IRS and other auditors.
- Maintains benefit hour records for each employee.
- Responsible for administering leaves of absence and maintaining appropriate records.
- Ensure that all employees are scheduled for training as needed.
- Administers all benefit programs such as basic and major medical coverage, dental insurance, group life insurance, short-term disability, and other benefits. Consults with and advises employees on their eligibility for these and other related benefits. Maintains benefits records and documents necessary for implementing benefit coverage. Maintains and distributes plan documents and employee communications relating to benefits. Assures compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements.
- Assists in the administration of the performance planning and review program. Assists management with resolutions of employee concerns, performance issues, and other employee relations matters. Coordinates sponsored employee services and activities designed to enhance employee/organization relationships. Administers employee relations programs, employee communications, EAP program and new employee orientation. Conducts exit interviews for separating employees.
- Maintains all personnel and employment records and files. Performs other duties as assigned. Ensures all human resources programs and actions are in compliance with organizational policies and relevant state and federal regulations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate policies to all employees.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or prior in experience in similar position
- Minimum 3 years of human resources experience
- Proficient in MS Office suite and technology.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Dealerstrong is a training and consulting company, that works to find the most highly skilled professionals to fill positions for their automotive clients throughout the United States.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)