We are seeking a Medical Assistant to join our team! You will be responsible for procedural patient tasks such as: scheduling, insurance pre-certification, registration, billing form completion, routing dictation, and maintaining medical records. Work with administration, patient accounts, labs, medical records, scheduling, transcription and other departments to achieve cooperation and efficiency in delivering superior patient care. This position is located at our West Jefferson Blvd., Fort Wayne office. Fort Wayne NeuroSpine & Pain Center provides a full benefits plan for staff including medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, and retirement savings plan.
- Receives referrals and schedules appointments and department specific tests. Provides injection sites with schedule and insurance information. Informs medical secretaries of add-in patients.
- Creates letters of medical necessity, pre-determination, and aids patients with insurance disputes and inquiries. Processing physicians outgoing papers daily. Contacts attorneys/staff about depositions, meetings, consults.
- Builds electronic medical records for patients entering meds, reports, progress notes, releases/approvals. Writes prescription orders/refills.
- Works closely with billing and transcription to ensure accurate coding and documentation. May contact patient insurance to check benefits and obtain approvals documenting them in the system.
- Assists office nurse with all patient tasks. Performs all other duties as assigned. PMR: aid/perform injections, spine-med, and elctrical muscle stimulation modality.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Require accredited Medical Assistant graduation, Prefer MA certification.
- Prefer 6 months medical office experience and medical system computer experience. PMR: Prefer PT spine-med modalities experience.
- Computer experience preferred, particularly in medical systems.
- Must have a high degree of customer service skills in order to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, physicians and care teams.
At Allied Physicians our mission is to offer our patients the most advanced comprehensive and accessible neurological care in the tri-state region through the quality efforts of our employees. Our goal is to focus on patient needs by providing the highest level of service, professionalism and the utmost care. We operate with excellence, and we are only interested in you if you are someone that can commit to the same level of service.
Allied Physicians, Inc. is an independent Physician Owned Specialty Medical Practice.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)