Previous Landscape crew leader or supervision experience necessary to fill this position.
Must have to qualify for this position: a valid drivers license with a good driving record, experience in landscape maintenance and experience in supervision.
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, train and instruct assigned employees in crew
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, power shears, edgers, string trimmers, blowers, pruning saws and other equipment.
- Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Maintain or repair tools, equipment, or structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, or benches, using hand or power tools.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, or other grounds features.
- Communicate instructions effectively to employees
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Adams Landscape Management Inc., is a customer service-driven company, and our staff has the hands-on expertise to help protect, beautify, and enhance your property throughout the entire year. We offer more than 47 years experience in professional lawn, garden, and exterior maintenance, and we provide the very best in quality and service. Our staff achieves exceptional results because each individual is committed to being the only property management source our customers will ever need. Our goal is to cultivate long-term customer relationships. We nurture a culture of trust, honesty, and respect, and we continually seek to create better solutions for our customer's property management needs. We are serious about making our customer's properties look good.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)