Reports to: Materials Manager (Dotted Line to Plant Manager)
Job Purpose: Ultimately responsible for material handling activities in Plant 3.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, etc. to move stock and organize inventory
- Supply production area with needed materials from inventory based on work orders
- Remove finished goods from production area and properly store
- Unload incoming shipments and confirm that received materials match packing slips and that items are undamaged
- Stage and load outgoing shipments and confirm that outgoing materials match bill of lading
- Accurately update records using a computerized inventory interface
- Perform preventative maintenance and routine inspections on all handling equipment
- Support other material handlers and perform other duties as required by production needs
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Must be proficient in English, written and spoken
- Must be certified and capable of driving a forklift (skills will be tested)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Must have above average math skills and the ability to use a calculator
- Must have above average computer literacy and must be able to use a computerized inventory interface (skills will be tested)
- Experience with handheld inventory scanners preferred
Phoenix Stamping Group, LLC is a dynamic Atlanta-based company that has focused on the production of sheet metal and rod products for various industries since 1986. Through quality and service, our customer base has grown to cover all parts of North America including Canada and Mexico. To continue to improve upon quality and consistency, we continue to add new capabilities which include larger presses, laser cutting machines, robotic welders, cold-heading equipment and highly automated equipment for the production of bent bolts.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)