NCW is seeking a Staff Accountant for a position located near Kendallville, IN. This individual will be responsible for assisting with the generation of formal financial statements and plant performance metrics. This is a full-time, permanent position offering career advancement, competitive compensation, and company paid benefits.
- Responsible for supporting the accounting and finance function for manufacturing plant.
- Assist with the A/P process
- Assist with the AR process
- Approves expenses, expense reports and capital appropriation requests.
- Monitor capital project spending as needed
- Participates in monthly, quarterly, and annual P&L reports and ensure financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Helps prepare weekly and monthly financial results and assist with short-term and long-term forecasts.
- Assists with maintaining standard cost information for each product manufactured and sold.
- Performs audits for bills of material and standard costing while establishing overhead rates.
- Assists with inventory management through physical inventories and cycle counting.
- Participates in the development of accounting/finance policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA or CMA or working toward obtaining certification.
- Minimum of two to 4 years years of plant accounting experience is required, preferably in the automotive industry, showing increased understanding and responsibility.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate competence in Windows applications including: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Previous exposure to ERP systems.
- Occasional travel beyond the area may be required.
- Position requires occasional exposure to noise, moving parts, fumes, etc. in a plant environment.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply directly to this posting. You can also call (317) 669-9466 for more information. Thanks in advance for your interest.
For nearly 20 years, NCW has specialized in managing the hiring demands for companies throughout the United States. NCW offers contract, contract-to-permanent and direct placement positions across a variety of sectors: Manufacturing, Warehousing, Construction, Engineering. Our mission is defined by providing quality service and opportunity to our clients and employees.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)