Full Time Medical Office Receptionist needed Monday - Friday (8:30am - 5:00pm). Responsible for greeting incoming patients and visitors, relaying incoming telephone calls, and performing various clerical duties in a professional manner.
- Answer multi-line telephone system, take accurate messages, screen and direct telephone calls to the appropriate staff member in an efficient manner.
- Greet and identify patients and visitors as they enter the office in reference to daily schedule and obtain additional patient information as needed.
- Request patients and visitors be seated in the waiting room in a courteous manner and communicate unexpected delays when necessary.
- Review patient charts to ensure proper documentation and information are enclosed in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Acquire necessary medical records and documents for patient charts by communicating via telephone, facsimile or in person with other office locations and personnel.
- Maintain a neat and organized waiting room and order supplies as needed.
- Schedule patients for appointments and “re-call” appointments in an efficient and productive manner.
- Receive payments from patients for services rendered.
- Prepare patient paperwork for Follow-up and New Patient appointments.
- Relay physician orders for labs, radiology and surgeries to appropriate staff, physicians, and hospitals.
- Other responsibilities may include cleaning and stocking rooms.
Professional Appearance and attitude is required.
Previous Medical Office and customer service experience required.
Medical Assistant training is desired and beneficial.
Medical terminology understanding required.
Experience with MS Office programs (Word, Excel) required.
Previous scheduling software and EMR experience required.
Benefits starting after 90 days employment include paid vacation, paid Holidays, and 401K.
Private medical practice with specialization in interventional pain management.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)