Group Delphi, the experience creation shop, produces compelling designed environments for audiences everywhere (from trade shows to brand activations to museum exhibits). As makers of wonder, awe and connection, Delphi has been a recognized innovator for nearly thirty years in the event marketing, exhibition design and experiential marketing space. Our award-winning team of artists, videographers, builders, designers, producers and managers is truly world class. We’re growing fast—and we need you.
As Account Manager (AM), you are the central point of communication between Group Delphi and our clients. You strive to understand and manage client expectations with the goal of having satisfied clients. You coordinate the communication between internal staff, clients and external on-site resources to produce projects that exceed our clients’ expectations. Throughout the project, it is your responsibility to make sure that each Group Delphi department has the information to produce and execute each aspect of the project in a timely manner. It is not your responsibility to supervise the specific execution of tasks, however you should be aware of issues that will affect the final outcome of the job.
Proactively manage & develop relationship with assigned clients
- Fully able to manage typical projects and client issues
- Initiate client conversations for projects/events to:
- Validate forecasted projects to keep revenue and project date forecasts accurate
- Obtain customer decisions, feedback, and approvals in support of project timelines
- Communicate progress, keep informed of changes, notify of past due items from the client
- Recognize potential project variances, elevate and communicate as necessary
- Manage services or delegate service responsibilities for identified events and projects to Account Coordinator
- Prepare estimate, invoices, change notices. Validate with Directors, Executives as required and submit to client
Manage all internal/external communications and meetings for assigned projects
- Respond to project constraints and opportunities, adjust meeting content, attendees, and project options based on current client / project
- Open jobs, keep dates and information in the system up to date per our work flow standards
- Attend, create, facilitate or participate in all necessary project meetings to ensure timely/accurate communications and project success.
- Invoice in a timeline manner, (pre-and post-show) planning to invoice as soon as possible upon completion of work
Provide service solutions with assigned clients, projects or events
- Work with internal and external clients to provide necessary assistance to meet the client’s needs
- Ensure accuracy of show details (floor plans, layouts, budgets, invoices, etc.)
- Communicate value engineering options, value-added services, and change orders throughout the project
- Day to day client contact, ensure strong communication between client and Delphi Team.
Positively contribute to Delphi’s business performance, culture and values
- Make decisions in the best interest of both clients and Delphi
- Embrace change, offer suggestions for improvement
- Contribute positively to the Company, the Team, the Client and the projects.
- Leadership Team
- All internal teams and coworkers
- Strategic Partners and vendors
Measurements of Success:
- Achievement of financial goals for client base
- Increasing volume of projects and revenues
- Increasing service levels / expanding the range of services provided to client base
- Deliver projects within client budget expectations while monitoring and maintaining targeted margins
- Fully satisfied clients (internal and external)
- Client Acknowledgement
- Positive Feedback
- Accurate, timely completion of estimates, invoice requests, and timesheets
- Quality and timeliness of project management, as evaluated by clients and internal teams
- Ability to identify and absorb additional client business
- Improvement in team systems and adherence to Delphi processes
- Actively contribute to and support the attainment of team goals and company initiatives
Education and experience:
- All candidates: 3+ years demonstrated success in a deadline driven customer facing business model requiring strong project management skills
- 3+ years’ experience and experience in tradeshow, retail, event or agency environment strongly preferred
- Proven ability to collaborate within teams and cross-functionally and meet deadlines
- Software proficiency (MS Office, Internet, ability to become proficient in Delphi programs)
- Physical requirements: lifting up to 30 pounds may be required when attending tradeshows and purchasing props
- Ability to travel as necessary based on client need
- Willingness and ability to work beyond 40 hours per week during peak periods to ensure client needs are met
- Strong customer focus and solutions orientation
- Desire and ability to operate according to Group Delphi’s Core values
- Must possess strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and clients at all levels
- Desire and ability to succeed in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Must be flexible, adept with multi-tasking and changing priorities
- Detail and organizational skills are essential for success
- Ability to manage projects and teams
Group Delphi is the award-winning experiential creation shop. We make thrilling, immersive experiences across events, exhibits, environments and retail -- we even do museums.
But what truly separates us from the rest, and what we have become known for, is the combination of our creative DNA, our wildly eclectic team, and a reputation for insanely great service. This means not just exceeding our customers' expectations but exceeding the expectations they didn't even know they should have. We are their ultimate advocates and true partners in marketing, personally responsible for their success in connecting with their customers. We are their eyes, ears, hands, feet, heart and soul. We are indispensable to them in their work. We take the same approach in working with each other.
This is driven by three principles: innovation, creativity and passion. As innovators we are relentless in the pursuit of disruptive ideas, providing solutions and services that our customers could not have imagined possible. We believe that creativity drives value, not just in design but also in all aspects of the business it's a way of thinking, a way of approaching projects that defies the status quo. Whether design, fabrication, production, logistics, management -- it is the driving force, providing the best results for the best value. And we are passionate -- that ultra-human motivation to excel in what we do and love doing it.
We are designers, producers, managers, artists and crafts people joined by a passion for creative solutions. We have that "show must go on," "can do" attitude that pushes the limits to get our clients the best results possible. We ask a lot of questions to uncover our customers' needs. We then figure out the best solutions through digital content, theater arts and design and deliver magical results through superhero-like production, execution, program management and insanely great service. We are makers of wonder, awe, and connection.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)