Fort Wayne, Indiana6-12 Month Contract
Must have GM Body Shop experience!SUMMARY - PLC Programmer
Programming, start-up and debug of automation equipment at client location and on customer site. Requires in depth knowledge of ladder, logic, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic circuitry and solid understanding of mechanical sequencing of machinery.RESPONSIBILITIES - PLC Programmer
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Interprets mechanical sequence and controls drawings and writes ladder logic to customer specifications
- Verifies machine build to match drawings.
- Verifies all peripheral equipment is in place, functional and safe to operate.
- Verifies that machine was powered up correctly.
- Works with electricians, pipe fitters and builders to check hardware for correct build, piping wiring and operation.
- Verifies that all safeties are in place and operational.
- Checks for correct wiring of all interfaces to peripheral equipment.
- Works with robot programmers to establish correct PLC-Robot interface.
- Loads ladder logic and configures PLC hardware.
- Debugs ladder logic to match correct manual and automatic sequence.
- Works closely with project management, controls and customer to make sure machine operation meets the customer's requirements.
- Works with robot programmers, pipe fitters and builders to achieve cycle time.
- Makes sure machine goes through successful 20 hour run and customer buyoff.
- Provides updated drawings to controls department.
- Provides hardcopy and disk of all programs to controls and to documentation department.
- Implements changes and verifies correct completion.
- Understands and follows safety & environmental regulations and identifies safety/environmental concerns.
- Adheres to the Quality Systems and participates in continuous improvement.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; OR university program certificate; OR 2-4 years related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Look, we could tell you how TEC Group is a family of companies that consists of Technical Engineering Consultants and KCM Technical, how it was established in 1980, and how we make connections between dynamic organizations and resourceful professionals. Is this really what you want to know about our company? No, that's obligatory copywriting.
You want to hear about our competitive benefits, flexible scheduling, and amazing clients. That we pride ourselves on growing professionals within our organization. You want to hear first-hand anecdotes demonstrating why this is an amazing place to launch your career. Well, we're happy to tell you all about it.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)