As part of the customer service team, the accounting customer service specialist will support all business divisions delivering exceptional customer service regarding billing inquiries. This includes working with insureds, agents and employees.
Monitor and change customer inquiries completely, professionally and accurately
Manage customer requests to make payment via credit cards and ACH.
Ensure confidentiality with regards to customer accounts
Research and analyze systems and data regarding customer accounts
Comply with current policies, procedures and workflow
Achieve established performance goals and metrics for the team
The qualified candidate should have outstanding EXCEL skills, customer service skills, ability to work in both a team environment and manage an individual workload, excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving skills and strong competency in basic mathematics. Excel and Outlook proficiency required.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- deal directly with customers either by telephone, or electronically.
- respond promptly to customer inquiries
- handle and resolve customer complaints
- obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and complaints
- process orders, forms, applications and requests
- direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
- manage customers' accounts
- keep records of customer interactions and transactions
- record details of inquiries, comments and complaints
- record details of actions taken
- communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- follow up on customer interactions
- occasional travel could be required