Covington Manor Health and Rehabilitation Center, in Fort Wayne, IN, is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to be part of our team. If you answered “yes” to the questions above we want to meet with you today! We are Families serving Families and our nurses are a valued piece of that vision.
This position is to work on a FULL TIME basis on the EVENING shift.
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to function as a collaborative member of the IDT and provide Patient quality care and optimal clinical outcomes.
KEY JOB FUNCTION:
- Provides accurate assessment, over-sight, and monitoring of Patients for quality medical management and early detection of changes in condition.
- Responds promptly to evaluate and remedy Patient concerns and complaints; manages and documents accordingly.
- Utilizes professional standards in performing clinical assessment and monitoring in accordance with scope of licensure.
- Recognizes AND appropriately responds to emergent and significant change in condition; completes documentation as required.
- Effectively communicates accurate assessment detail, medical history, advanced directives, and availability of onsite services to physicians.
- Escalates Medical Director’s involvement when needed to facilitate proper medical care and clinical management of a patient.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State in which you are employed.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as law, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a Patient's condition.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of the facility or department which may include a medical and physical examination.
Having knowledge in the following nursing specializations:
- Short and long-term care
- Separate rehabilitation unit with individualized therapy programs, therapy gymnasium, fine dining and transitional care rooms
- 7 day a week therapy is available
- Out-patient therapy and a community re-entry program
- Specialize secure memory care unit “The Bed and Breakfast” with a relaxing atmosphere, individualized and group activities and family style dining
- Bowel and bladder management
- Cardiac Recovery Program
- Chronic Heart Failure Program
- Continence Improvement Program
- Contracture Management & Education
- Diabetic Management & Education
- Enteral therapy
- IV therapy
- Outpatient Therapy
- Orthopedic-Fracture Recovery
- Ostomy care (stable and new)
- Pain Management & Education
- Post-acute surgical care
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Respiratory Specialty Program
- Restorative nursing program
- Stroke Recovery Program
- Ventilator Care
- Wound Care and Skin Management
- Interdisciplinary Walking Rounds
- Pre-surgery registration
About this company
We measure success one patient at a time. Our highly trained, dedicated professionals deliver care that allows our patients to achieve their highest level of independence.
Location/Region: Ft Wayne, IN