Multimatic Indiana - Butler manufactures fully engineered, high-quality components, assemblies and systems such as bumpers and chassis/body structural components for high-volume as well as niche vehicle manufacturers. Multimatic Indiana - Butler uses advanced, proprietary roll- and hot-form manufacturing processes.
Multimatic Indiana - Butler is looking for an Automation Controls Technician who will be responsible for maintaining manufacturing equipment and the building facilities, as well as supporting all preventative maintenance programs.
Multimatic Indiana - Butler 201 RE Jones Road Butler, Indiana USA 46721
The Indiana facility provides steel structural components and assemblies to a wide variety of customers and global platforms. Our core competencies are roll forming, robotics, complex assemblies, MIG, LASER welding, LASER cutting, projection/spot welding, glue/adhesive application, value added stamping, and ACCRA technology (similar to hot stamping)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot and repair various types of electrical controls, drives, communications, plant power, wiring, circuits, robot paths and etc.
- Use laptop and various software programs and network interfaces to communicate with equipment.
- Ability to make programming changes to PLC, HMI & robots
- Assist technical services in machine repair, change over, set up and operation as required
- Perform all preventative maintenance requirements as scheduled
- Have mechanical aptitude that compliments electrical capabilities.
- Ability to schedule time, materials and equipment required to perform tasks, and to properly use and complete required documentation
- Support of Production as and when required.
- Assist in keeping a spare parts inventory
- Have a professional customer service attitude and ability to communicate with all levels of associates
- Additional responsibilities may be added when necessary
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must adhere to NEC
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2 years electrical training or Journeyman’s certification or 5 years experience.in automotive environment preferred
- ABB Robots (S4C & IRC5 Controllers)
- Motoman Robots (NX100, DX100, & DX200 Controllers)
- Minimal Fanuc and Kuka
- Allen Bradley PLC’s With RSLogix 500 and Studio 5000 Programming Software
- Siemens PLC’s With Step 7 Programming Software
- Allen Bradley Power Flex
- Quantum III
- Communication Protocols
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com or E-mail email@example.com.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.