Multimatic Indiana - Butler manufactures fully engineered, high-quality components, assemblies and systems such as bumpers and chassis/body structural components for high-volume as well as niche vehicle manufacturers. Multimatic Indiana - Butler uses advanced, proprietary roll- and hot-form manufacturing processes.
Multimatic Indiana - Butler is looking for a Senior Automation Controls Technician who will be responsible for maintaining manufacturing equipment and the building facilities, as well as supporting all preventative maintenance programs.
Multimatic Indiana - Butler 201 RE Jones Road Butler, Indiana USA 46721
At Multimatic we are looking for associates that can reason, innovate, create and drive success. We want a team that is passionate about manufacturing with the latest technology and materials such as UHSS, Al, Hot forming and other composites.
The Indiana facility provides steel structural components and assemblies to a wide variety of customers and global platforms. Our core competencies are roll forming, robotics, complex assemblies, MIG, LASER welding, LASER cutting, projection/spot welding, glue/adhesive application, value added stamping, and ACCRA technology (similar to hot stamping)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead projects inclusive of activities involving process additions to machines, addition and revision of poke yoke methods, and other continuous improvement on existing equipment and processes.
- Assists with launches of new equipment and verifies safety assessments prior to equipment commission.
- Mentors Control Technicians in the troubleshooting process of existing equipment.
- Trains and develops Control Technicians in their understanding of existing processes and the troubleshooting methodology.
- Troubleshoot and repair various types of electrical controls, drives, communications, plant power, wiring, circuits, robot paths and etc.
- Use laptop and various software programs and network interfaces to communicate with equipment.
- Ability to make programming changes to PLC, HMI & robots
- Assist technical services in machine repair, change over, set up and operation as required
- Perform all preventative maintenance requirements as scheduled
- Have mechanical aptitude that compliments electrical capabilities.
- Ability to schedule time, materials and equipment required to perform tasks, and to properly use and complete required documentation
- Support of Production as and when required.
- Assist in keeping a spare parts inventory
- Have a professional customer service attitude and ability to communicate with all levels of associates
- Additional responsibilities may be added when necessary
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must adhere to NEC
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2 years electrical training or Journeyman’s certification or 5 years experience.in automotive environment preferred
- ABB Robots (S4C & IRC5 Controllers)
- Motoman Robots (NX100, DX100, & DX200 Controllers)
- Minimal Fanuc and Kuka
- Allen Bradley PLC’s With RSLogix 500 and Studio 5000 Programming Software
- Siemens PLC’s With Step 7 Programming Software
- Allen Bradley Power Flex
- Quantum III
- Communication Protocols
- Individual should have a positive attitude and be willing to assist others when needed.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.