CPI Card Group
Fort Wayne, IN
The Process Engineer is primarily responsible for all interactions between existing Company systems, and effects of new Company systems on processes, projects, solutions, and QMS for CPI Card Group. This position is also responsible for the definition and documentation of current processes. The Process Engineer will interface with Corporate Procurement, R&D, as well as Plant Production and Quality teams as needed for the development and commercialization of “Technology” production processes. This position will have significant project management responsibilities in the area of Dual Interface and Smartcards and assist with other manufacturing processes.
(Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.) Essential Responsibilities – describe the major responsibilities of this position in order of importance.
· Support production, assisting with all daily production issues and problems with instant solutions followed by permanent documented solutions.
· Responsible to create, update, and monitor all documentation, including training documents, for all processes in your area of responsibility
· Root cause analysis of customer complaints and non-compliance reports, followed by a documented corrective action plan and training documents.
· Implement and monitor the corrective action plan for effectiveness and permanence. The plan can include devices, equipment, parameters, and process.
· Respond to a customer complaint in your area within 24 hours to allow communication back to the customer to set expectations for resolution
· Responsible for qualification of all new materials.
· Be available to all other engineers on the team to collaborate on various projects and action items.
· Represent CPI at industry events and on committees as assigned, interact with customers as required by management.
· Responsible for the following in your area: all equipment, processes, materials, specification (internal and external), projects, and quality.
Ancillary Responsibilities - duties or activities that are not considered essential functions of the position but are responsibilities this position performs.
1. Perform other tasks as may be assigned by management.
Requirements - basic criteria for successful completion of the position’s essential functions. Please include educational background and relevant job skills/experiences.
1. 5+ years’ Process Engineering and/or related engineering experience in a manufacturing environment required.
2. Minimum of an Associate’s degree in electrical/electronic engineering.
3. Must possess a thorough understanding of the purchasing and inventory controls.
4. Ability to handle a variety of tasks and work well under pressure.
5. Ability to prioritize independently and exercise leadership appropriate to circumstances.
6. Ability to communicate diplomatically, confidentially, and effectively with others both orally and in writing.
7. Strong attention to detail and excellent math and analytical skills.
8. Ability to work well with others as a team member.
9. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of department and/or company records and reports.
10. Willingness to learn and advance as the company grows
Position Scope Data – please indicate the number of employees that report to this position (both direct and indirect). Please indicate relevant budget, sales, or other quantifiable measurements for which this position is accountable as well.
· No direct reports
Physical Demands – (e.g. sitting, standing, lifting, traveling, eyestrain etc)
1. Work is primarily conducted standing or walking in a manufacturing environment and sitting in an office environment and often requires bending and stooping to observe product and/or manufacturing equipment
2. Manufacturing environment is noisy and may require ear protection
3. Work involves good eyesight, hand/eye coordination and excellent color vision to be able to ensure quality product
4. Work involves dealing with fine detail and constant human interaction, which can be tiring both mentally and physically
5. On-call continuously and may be called back to the plant during off-duty hours
6. Work is conducted in shifts and may require long hours, including weekends, to meet deadlines
7. Position may require up to 10% travel
CPI Card Group is a leading provider in payment card production and related services, offering a single source for credit, debit and prepaid debit cards including EMV chip, personalization, instant issuance, fulfillment and mobile payment services. With more than 20 years of experience in the payments market and as a trusted partner to financial institutions, CPI’s solid reputation of product consistency, quality and outstanding customer service supports our position as a leader in the market. Serving our customers from ten locations throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, we have the largest network of high security facilities in North America, each of which is certified by one or more of the payment brands: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Interac in Canada.