Job Title: Associate ROI Specialist, Fort Wayne, IN
Status: Non-Exempt-full time
Reports To: Department Lead
This job description is intended to be a general statement about this job and is not to be considered a detailed assignment. It may be modified to adjust for necessary changes.
The Associate ROI Specialist will be culturally aligned with Sharecare Health Data Services by displaying and working within the values of Servant Leadership, Family, Innovation, Sharing Care, Compassion, Accountability and Respect for their leader and their peers. They should be innovative, open to change, and display honesty and integrity in all that they do.
They will perform high quality release of information acquisition across multiple customer EMRs as well as paper environments. Reports to Department Lead . Continually performs at a high quality and productivity level to interface data and images extraction to Sharecare HDS record acquisition systems. Provides excellent customer service to Sharecare HDS customers. Keeps Department Lead informed of any concerns or issues regarding quality, connectivity, customer concerns etc. that may inhibit Sharecare HDS performance or service expectations for customers.
Essential Job Functions
· Develop practices that exemplify and assist in making sure that Sharecare HDS culture is reinforced in regard to Servant Leadership, Family, Innovation, Sharing Care, Accountability, Compassion and Respect
· Ensures complete daily acquisition of records
· Site to site travel may be required if working in the field
· Provides HIPAA, HITECH compliance by identifying all required elements and notating and informing customer or management (as required) for any exceptions
· Maintains frequent communication to customer HIM departments and related personnel to maintain high quality to release of information process
· Develops and maintains strong customer relationships, ensuring high customer satisfaction
· Develop and maintains understanding of Federal and State medical record law, as well as general medical record terminology and management
· Develop and maintain understanding of company software and systems
· Develop and maintain understanding of customer EMR software and systems (may be several)
· Able to meet or exceed daily productivity expectations with high quality and accurate output
· Keeps Department Lead informed of concerns or issues regarding quality, connectivity, customer concerns etc. that may inhibit Sharecare HDS performance or service expectations for customers.
· Produce periodic reporting as requested
· Complete and maintain the AHIOS Certificate Program to become a Certified Release of Information Specialist.
· Other duties and functions as required
- Prior ROI fulfillment experience strongly preferred
- Ability to maintain productivity and quality performance
- Basic knowledge of medical records and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Experience with Microsoft Office is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Pro-active, well-spoken, and comfortable in front of patients/customers.
- Positive attitude.
- Go the extra mile.
- TEAM player.
- Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
· Manual dexterity and strength sufficient enough to enter information via computer keyboard for long periods of time, to write notes and information needed, and to pick up and hold paperwork, supplies and other items.
· Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to effectively read documents and to accurately view information on a computer monitor
· Reliable transportation for site to site work
· The work environments involve everyday risks or discomforts which will require normal safety precautions typical of an office/clinical setting.
· Based on experience
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· 401k plan
Information Governance Accountabilities
- A high-level understanding of the organization’s information governance program and role-specific accountabilities
- A thorough understanding of role requirements, including policies, procedures and processes, to include how individual work impacts the organization and its strategic and financial goals; and how tasks and projects affect the integrity of the organization’s data and information
- Commitment to discuss questions and recommendations about processes and any observed variations in performing tasks in order to ensure a standardized approach to work and services provided
- Participation in education as required for corporate compliance and role-specific functions and tasks
Adhere to Information Governance practices around Privacy & Security; and Legal & Regulatory
· Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
· Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations
· Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity
· Maintain current and yearly HIPAA certification.
Sharecare HDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
Sharecare Health Data Services, an affiliate of Sharecare, Inc., provides secure electronic exchange, delivery and integration of protected health information (PHI), adhering to the latest compliance standards and providing unmatched multi-step quality control processes. Sharecare Health Data Services include release of information (ROI), electronic health record (EHR) chart indexing, audit and chart review, disability and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) form processing, and billing office workflow tools and services.
The company was founded as BACTES Imaging Solutions in 1991 on the principle that every person in the company would always treat every medical record as if it were their own. In 2013, the company was acquired by Sharecare, the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. Sharecare Health Data Services provides its customers the benefits of professional, highly trained and experienced people, state-of-the-art technology, and a process that is based on the highest quality standards and risk mitigation. Customers receive comprehensive, customized and innovative services to help their organizations become more profitable, productive and secure.