Under general supervision, perform journeyman-level work in the design, construction, repair and maintenance of structures and related physical facilities; act as lead worker to other carpentry staff in the area; and perform related work as required.
The Carpenter is responsible for the full range of rough and finished skilled carpentry work, including cabinetry. Incumbents work from blueprints, specifications, drawings and instructions to design, build, remodel, retrofit, maintain and repair various types of facilities and structures; inspect completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements and compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature. The following duties are listed both as trade specific and shared responsibilities.
- Adheres to all personal requirements as defined by JLG.
- Metal framing, drywall, acoustical ceilings, blueprint reading and site layout knowledge a must.
- Designs, constructs, retrofits, and repairs cabinets, tables, shelves, benches, partitions, flooring, door and window frames.
- Cleans, maintains, adjusts, calibrates and services equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Assists in the writing of specifications for repairs and new construction.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read blueprints/drawings
-Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance -Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb ladders, on/off equipment and work from various heights -Able and willing to walk, stand, and bend for long periods of time -Able to use your hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling -Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner. -Must have a valid driver's license -Must have reliable transportation
Jack Laurie Group has been in business since 1950 and is one of the largest interior service providers in the state. We install flooring, drywall, acoustical tile ceilings, and offer janitorial services. We provide a safe, open and honest work environment, opportunities for growth, and steady work. We value our employees.