Analyze data and apply quality tools and techniques to supply information / documentation for management and quality department for use on continuous improvement process. Promote the quality policy that meets and exceeds the customer/company requirements and expectations. Interact with all levels of manufacturing: Ward Production Machine Manager, Quality Manager, Supervisors, setup personnel, production operators, maintenance personnel, WPM Quality Auditors, Final Auditors and Gage Technicians and foundry production / quality personnel to improve quality processes
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support Ward Corporation Management on implementing and maintaining processes that meet product / customer / company requirements.
- Team with Ward Production Machine Management, Quality and Engineering departments for internal problem solving and customer returns.
- Assist WPM Management with corrective actions responses.
- Assist in improving processes for jobs with high percentage of scrap or out of control characteristics
- Analyze data from SPC charts, looking for trends, potential process improvements and determining process capability.Maintain Cpk List (Process Capability)
- Administer initial (PPAP) and in process capability studies as required for special and critical characteristic on process.
- Supervise creation of PPAP documentation for Ward Production Machine including:
- Process Flow
- Control Plans
- Bubble Prints For Machine Shop
- Create Machined Dimensional Inspection Sheet
- In Process Inspection
- Source Verification Inspection Record (SVIR) (Final Audit Requirement)
- Full Process Capability (As defined by AIAG (MSA))
- Assist Quality Manager in all aspects of submitting PPAP to customers
- Review Paperwork
- Initial Process Studies
- Process Capability (Cpk) of Machine Features
- Process Sheet Creation
- Sample Production Parts
- MSA Studies
- Coordinate Process Control activities
- Review Applicable Specs
- Machined Dimensional Inspection Sheet Revision
- Machined Dimensional Inspection Sheet Review and Approval
- Set-Up Sheet Review and Approval
- Update Process Flow
- Update Control Plans
- Update PFMEA
- Testing – Pressure Test Activities (Setup Master test parts)
- Calibration – Coordinate / facilitate Gage R&R / Studies
Entry Level Requirements:
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of metal shop work.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision.
- Must have the ability to write and read complex spreadsheets.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints.
- Work well without immediate supervisor's direction
- Basic computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Good communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of Advanced SPC
- Lift, push, pull, up to 50 pounds
- TS16949 basic requirement knowledge / experience.
- FMEA / Control Plan / APQP / PPAP experience.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma.
- Associate’s degree in Manufacturing or a mechanical field or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of electronics and machine tools.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and process improvement
- 5S and 6Sigma experience a plus
- CNC Machining and knowledge of casting aluminum a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Ward Corporation is an aluminum foundry with engineering, casting, heat treating and machining divisions. Located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, this family owned business has successfully grown from 3 employees to over 235 employees in its 50 years in business.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)