- Set up CNC machines (Vertical & Horizontal Mills, Lathes, Multi-axis milling machines) as required within the plant operations. Maintain in control conditions in all processes and check data at machines. Provide customer with quality parts on schedule
Tools and Equipment:
- CNC machines and controls, thread gages, plug gages, calipers, depth micrometers, bore gages, functional gages, deburring tools, hand taps, dial indicators
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up all machines as required within the plant operations.
- Makes machine adjustments, changes tools, troubleshoots, and does minor mechanical repairs to the equipment.
- Works to close tolerances and inspects own work by using precision instruments and gages
- Maintains records and statistical process control charts as established to meet product quality requirements of the assigned work center, and that all operations are kept in control
- Maintains clean work area, clean machines, and floor during and after shift.
- Leaves the work center neat and organized prior to leaving facility. Assures that tools and gages are in the proper condition for next shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned. That may include temporary miscellaneous jobs and lift truck operation.
Entry Level Requirements:
- Working knowledge of CNC controls and language
- Tool list of required tools
- Dial Indicator, digital calipers (6 or 8 inch), standard and metric Allen wrenches, open-ended wrenches, pencil grinder
- Working knowledge of SPC
- Preferably the ability to communicate in English (written and spoken)
- Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, pull a maximum of 40 pounds
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push, pull a maximum of 16 pounds
- Employee must be able to stand/walk at least 8-10 hours per day
- Employee must be able to use of hands for repetitive grasping, manipulation and pushing and pulling
- Employee must be able to use of feet for repetitive movement as in operating foot controls
- Employee must be able to frequently bend, squat, reach and twist
- Employee must be able to occasionally climb/step up
- Employee must have eye sight which enables employee to operate machine, clean and inspect parts, and judge depth and distance
Ward Corporation is an aluminum foundry with engineering, casting, heat treating and machining divisions. Located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, this family owned business has successfully grown from 3 employees to over 235 employees in its 50 years in business.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)