We are seeking a Network Engineer to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for designing and implementing computer and information networks.
- Implement local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data networks
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and system performance
- Perform network modeling and analysis
- Define blueprint designs for business technology initiatives
- Enforce policies for standardizing systems
- Previous experience in networking, IT, or other related fields
- Familiarity with architectural specifications
- Familiarity with researching communication networks
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
Experienced Technology Specialist – Desktop, Server, Network Support
Are you one that loves tinkering, learning and thrives in constant changing technology environments? Have a home network, possibly loaded with experimental servers? Keep reading!
This is not your typical Field Engineer role. If you are looking for a 8am-5pm job where you reset passwords and create tickets all day, this IS NOT the role for you. Our support specialists are involved in hands on PC Support, Server and Network Administration.
We are a Premier Managed Services IT Consulting Company, with extensive network monitoring and proactive management systems in place. Our support team manages these systems, which keep our clients systems operating at optimal levels. Our support specialists are real people facing real world questions and issues that our clients may have. We take pride in providing world-class support and you should too. The support specialist will also assist with maintenance of the design and integrity of internal systems; including customer facing hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system and network requests.
Preferred IT Group offers unparalleled opportunities to grow your IT skills advance your career and join a team of friendly, high energy professionals who love what they do! We are seeking a customer service oriented technology specialist, who will be responsible for providing IT services to our loyal clients. These services include:
• Leading or assisting with IT Projects for our clients ranging in size from 10 to 500 employees
• Solving a wide variety of IT problems remotely and on-site
• Taking pride in producing detailed documentation
• Sharing what you learn with other members of the team, mentoring and growing your skill sets
• Honesty, integrity and dependability
• Good sense of humor, having fun in pressure-filled moments
• Takes pride in appearance and holding a professional attitude
• Possess some professional IT certifications, Microsoft, CompTIA, VMware, Citrix
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, have a knack for troubleshooting IT problems, and will have knowledge of the following system types:
• Latest Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
• VMware, Citrix, Hyper-v virtualization and cloud enabling technologies
• Firewall, Routing, VLan & switching technologies
• Storage, Backup & Business Continuity expertise
• Management Technologies -- Prior RMM tool experience a plus
• Experience with IT Audits a plus
• Linux OS knowledge a plus.
While we are always looking for talented people, this position requires at least two years of full-time networking experience in a Microsoft environment. Along with possessing strong communication and troubleshooting skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Our team is committed to our core values, which drives us and is the reason for our growth. These core values are:
• ATTITUDE - We can't control our circumstances, but we can control how we react. We strive for a can-do, positive attitude.
• TEAMWORK - We work together to meet our common goals. The good of the team comes before the good of any individual.
• ACCOUNTABILITY - We accept our individual and team responsibilities and we meet our commitments. We take responsibility for our performance in all of our decisions and actions.
• COMMUNITY - We work as a group sharing in these core values to invest in ourselves, our families, and our neighborhoods.
• INTEGRITY -- Is the core of our business, it is consistency in our auctions, values, methods and principles.
If these values align with whom you are and what you are looking for in a career, then let us know!
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including health insurance.
---PLEASE NOTE > When you apply for this position---
We use an HR system for handling applicants. Failure to follow instructions will result in your application being denied.
This position is for candidates that currently have 2-3 years professional experience. This is not an entry level position and candidates not meeting the minimal requirements will be rejected.
We look forward to receiving your resume and cover letter.
Preferred IT Group is committed to serving businesses in Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. We work with organizations with anywhere between 10 and 500 employees to help them utilize technology to maximize productivity, reduce and eliminate downtime, and increase profitability.
Our certified network engineers and consultants are experts in their fields. Together with our partnerships with Microsoft, SonicWALL, IBM, Lenovo, Sophos, Trend Micro, Citrix, VMWare and others, we provide our clients with the first rate knowledge and support today's network needs.
When you do business with Preferred IT Group, you benefit from a full 360 degrees of expertise including: I.T consulting and integration, network support, network security, 24/7 monitoring, and web-hosting. Preferred IT Group, LLC is a Microsoft Partner specializing in Small Business Server, Exchange Messaging, most Microsoft server versions, SharePoint, and SQL.
Best of all, WE CARE. We want your business to succeed and grow. As your business succeeds, we succeed.