The Press Operator role is responsible for the set up and operation of sheetfed or web multi-color printing press in accordance with the printing specifications and customer requirements/expectations. These are either sheetfed or WEB OFFSET PRESS either Heat set or Cold set. Experience with presses like, Goss, Harris, KBA, Komori, Man Roland, Tensor, Heidelberg, Hantscho. You will be expected to run either web or sheetfed – Not both. Bindery operators will run folders, cutters or saddle stitchers – you must have run at least one of these. Mueller, Polar, MBO or Stahl experience preferred.
· Work indirectly with Quality personnel on a daily basis for quality standards
Operate your assigned press or bindery equipment efficiently and accurately
· Properly fill out and complete all required paperwork for the job.
· Responsible for verification of job material requirements, copy and color requirements, press diagram sheet and anilox requirements.
· Report any necessary maintenance required on the press or auxiliary equipment to your Supervisor and fill out the required work order.
· Perform daily preventative maintenance.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), Technical degree in printing preferred. Requires relevant experience in press or bindery equipment operation in a manufacturing environment or equivalent.
· Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions and SOPs in English.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
· Basic leadership skills required to give support associates simple directions.
· Read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
· Read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
· Pass color vision and color hue tests.
· Willing to work overtime as needed.
Relocation Assistance is PROVIDED!
Company is looking for experienced operators who have the desire and ability to take over a team and move into a supervisor role in the future. Hourly compensation, overtime, annual reviews and performance pay increases as well as full benefits are provided. Multiple shifts to choose from as well as on going paid training.
Manufacturer of print and packaging solutions. Serving major national and regional brands with their label and packaging needs. Company is growing and looking for leaders who can grow into larger roles as the company expands. Very progressive, excellent new equipment and technology and a competitive advantage in the market place with and existing performing team to leverage.