• Oversee, delegate, perform and inspect all routine and preventative maintenance in order to maintain the physical integrity of the community at all times.
• Supervise maintenance personnel, and handle budget planning as it relates to the overall maintenance of the property.
• Institute and manage systems for resident service requests, grounds maintenance, and cleaning.
• Handle budgeting, inventory, supply and safety management.
• Oversee purchasing and vendor relations.
• Effectively handle resident service requests and work orders, correcting the situation within 24 hours when possible.
• Ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
• Maintain awareness of the physical condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions. Ensure property is clean and presentable.
• Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
• Maintain effective internal control over operational activities in compliance with best practice policy and guidelines.
• Required to be on feet (66% to 100% of the time).
• Must be physically able to perform some snow removal as needed
• Regularly required to perform the following activities: Bend/Stoop/Squat: Perform routine maintenance and repairs; pick up tools, equipment and materials. Climb Stairs: Service requests and make ready needs for 2nd and 3rd floor apartments. Climb Ladders: Perform routine maintenance/repairs both indoors and outside. Grasp/Grip/Turning: Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs. Finger Dexterity: Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs. Reach Above Shoulders: Perform routine maintenance/repairs, stock shelves, remove equipment and parts. Writing: Inventory control, requisition requests, maintenance reports and work orders. Lifting/Carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.).
Over 150 lbs.: Rarely needed (less than 1% of the time).75 lbs. – 100 lbs.: Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time).25 lbs. – 75 lbs.: Frequently needed (33% to 66% of the time).1 – 25 lbs.: Constant need (66% to 100% of the time).
Note: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heavy items include: washers/dryers, refrigerators, A/C units, furniture, etc.
• Minimum 3 years of experience that includes plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, locksmithing and staff supervision is required; residential property management experience preferred. HVAC Certified.
• Prefer CPO and CFC Certifications
.• Customer Service and attention to detail.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be available to handle on-call emergency services after hours, on an as needed basis• Reliable transportation to work and for on call hours
• Valid Drivers license
• Must possess strong problem solving, organization, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and develop a rapport with residents and staff.
With 160+ apartment communities across the nation, Morgan Communities offers an ever-growing variety of living styles from mobile home parks to apartments and luxury townhomes.
Morgan Communities is always looking for true team-players who want to work for a company that allows for growth and development. We seek individuals who want to learn and advance in the industry. Every employee plays a vital role at Morgan Communities, so with your desire to succeed and our training and resources, opportunities at Morgan Communities are more than just jobs. Morgan Communities offers exceptional career paths, and joining our team can lead to an exciting and fast-paced career. We provide an atmosphere that fosters a healthy work life balance, and our comprehensive benefits package provides health care, retirement planning, paid time off, and much more to help with your needs today and build for your future tomorrow.
Morgan Communities provides its team members with an exceptional company culture. We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunity in employment. We offer a safe, healthy work environment for employees through a commitment to maintaining a drug-free workplace. At Morgan Communities, success is about more than having a healthy bottom line. We are committed to making Morgan Communities an amazing and unique place to work for each member of our team.
Morgan Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.