Hoosier Hospitality Group is opening a new Ruth's Chris Steak House in Ft. Wayne. Grand Opening will be May 2018. We are looking for Front of House Managers that have previous experience in the hospitality industry and motivating and leading teams.
Assists the General Manager in the day-to-day operations of RCSH restaurant. Is directly accountable for the supervision and management of the bar and bar operations, the host, server, runner and bus personnel. Maintains the highest quality of beverage and service standards, plate presentation, cleanliness, sanitation and safety.
In the absence of the General Manager, oversees and coordinates the activities concerning all front-of-the-house operations, to provide the highest standards of Quality, Value and Service to all RCSH guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Key Tasks and Responsibilities)
1. Increases sales in the restaurant by providing the highest levels of uncompromising quality of food, beverage, reception, greeting, seating and service.
2. Supervises the bar, host, server, bus and runner staff during day-to-day operations to ensure all standards of RCSH quality and service are achieved during each shift.
3. Generates maximum financial performance of beverage operations to include responsibility for generation of revenue and effective cost controls. Sets, submits and achieves operating budgets, to the General Manager on a monthly basis, which includes sales, costs of sales (liquor, beer, wine, labor, operating supplies, etc.).
4. Develops accurate and aggressive short and long range financial objectives relating to liquor, beer and wine sales.
5. Sets par and inventory levels for all beverage items, bar supplies, glassware, smallwares and equipment to ensure correct quantities for the day-today business. Conducts bar inventories on a monthly basis.
6. Correctly orders liquor, beer, wine, bar supplies, glassware, smallwares and other bar equipment to ensure effective bar operations.
7. Works as a floor manager during each meal period to: support the service staff; ensures the highest levels of quality and service; visit tables to interact with guests; monitors proper front door procedures, reservations, seating and greeting which result in effective control of the flow of our guests. In the absence of the General Manager, operates as the manager-on-duty (“MOD”) for the shift.
8. Conducts first interviews for bar, host, server, bus and runner staff candidates and recommends hires to the General Manager.
9. Provides orientation and training, according to all RCSH training systems, standards and manuals for all front-of-the-house new hires.
10. Conducts pre-shift line-up meetings with all front-of-the-house personnel prior to the beginning of each shift to ensure that the restaurant is ready for service, communicate special information and to maintain on-going communication with the staff.
11. Conducts on-going front of the house staff meetings to provide continuous training and development in the areas of service, suggestive selling and sales techniques, liquor, beer and wine sales, safety, security and sanitation.
12. Writes and implements a “permanent” work schedule for bar, host, server, bus and runner staff personnel to ensure sufficient staffing for the demands of the business, while achieving budgeted labor and labor cost guidelines. Reviews this schedule on a weekly basis, and adjusts as necessary to changes in the business, holidays, special occasions, special functions, staff vacations and other situations to ensure sufficient staffing for the business.
13. Ensures that all front-of-the-house cleaning, maintenance, housekeeping and sidework duties are accomplished as indicated on the maintenance and housekeeping checklist.
14. Proactively communicates to the General Manager and other members of the management team to share and convey information regarding the restaurant. Works toward no surprises.
15. Is trained and developed by the General Manager in other duties and responsibilities according to the schedule established by the General Manager.
16. Correctly performs all duties necessary to close the restaurant.
3-5 years management experience
2-3 years experience in fine dining preferred
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to work with employees at all levels