We are looking for CNC Applications Engineer to join our team!
This role will service our Northern Ohio and North Indiana Region.
Purpose & Function:
The objective of the Technical Equipment Sales Company, a division of Morris Group, Inc., CNC Applications Engineer, is to ensure customer commitments are executed as planned to ensure complete customer satisfaction. This is achieved through the part programming of CNC Machine Tools, process-development, work holding fixture development, cutting tool development and implementation, and customer training in an industrial environment while using state-of-the-art equipment!
Day in the Life
- Conduct pre-sale activities and reviews - Includes: customer visits, evaluation of opportunities, machine assessments and recommendations, part processing recommendations, and development of turnkey proposals
- Create accurate cost estimates, write engineering reports, and interpret plans and specifications
- Program and set-up CNC lathes, CNC vertical or horizontal mills, and Swiss-style lathes
- Manage turnkey process-development and implementation
- Develop and implement custom demonstrations and train customers in the safe set-up and operation of CNC machining centers, lathes, Swiss-style and/or multi-tasking machines
- Maintain and continue to develop an in-depth technical knowledge of product lines presented by the company
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent strong hands-on machining background with at least 3 to 5 years of experience with CNC machines
- Knowledge of Fanuc controls along with builder or distributor experience, a plus
- Solid working knowledge of CAD/CAM software is necessary
- Excellent customer service and effective communication skills are required
- Some travel to customer sites required
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of Heidenhain and/or Siemens CNC controls
- Experience with Fanuc robot programming and operation
- PLC programming
- SolidWorks 3D and AutoCAD 2D
We offer Premier Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life, AD&D, 401K Retirement, Charitable Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement, a competitive Paid Time-off Package for Work/Life Balance, Employee Recognition Events, and MORE!
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
Technical Equipment Sales is a key distributor of advanced machine tool technology and related engineering and support services in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. We work with manufacturers of precision machined parts in all industry sectors, including medical, aerospace, and electronics. We are committed to helping our customers gain a competitive edge in the global marketplace by providing the most advanced automated machine tools and robotics automation available.