POSITION: FAMILY ADVOCATE
LOCATION: ALLEN COUNTY
HOURS: 7:30am–5:30pm, MON – THURS, FRIDAY 7:30-11:30 (ADDITIONAL HOURS AS REQUIRED)
SALARY RANGE: $12.32 TO $15.36/HOUR
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals from all socio-economic backgrounds.
- Maintain client confidentiality of communications and records.
- Identifying clients for Head Start through the use of agency data, neighborhood involvement, agency outreach, and other methods to maintain full enrollment and a minimum of 10% waitlist.
- Monitor, track and follow-up with attendance to ensure 85% attendance rate at assigned center.
- Plan and attend monthly parent meetings and other parent involvement activities in collaboration with the center staff and parents.
- In conjunction with parents, complete the family partnership plan to develop family goals.
- With parent participation, devise individual volunteer plans designed to increase parent involvement in Head Start.
- Collaborate with parents, supervisor and co-workers to ensure intervention techniques meet the development needs of the family in a timely manner.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associated degree in Human Services, Public Affairs, Social Work, Psychology, or related field required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a Human Services field required.
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid within 120 days of hire.
- When driving for Brightpoint, the employee must have a valid Indiana driver’s license and must maintain minimum liability limits of $100,000/$300,000 on auto insurance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; self-motivated, attentive to detail, well organized, dependable, productive, and function well under deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with PC, Microsoft Windows, Databases, and DOS environments
DATES FOR INTERNAL POSTING: FROM January 22, 2018 TO February 5, 2018
DATES FOR EXTERNAL POSTING: FROM January 22, 2018 TO February 5, 2018
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT HR DEPARTMENT, EXT 206 or 213
Applications accepted at 227 E. WASHINGTON BLVD, FORT WAYNE, IN
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., MONDAY – THURSDAY, OR 8:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M., FRIDAY
OR VIA THE INTERNET AT
We, Brightpoint conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without any regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)