GuideOne employees, agents, and customers change the world every day.
At GuideOne, we exist to help them make positive changes to individuals, communities and our world. The experience our customers have with GuideOne is critical to their success, and our success.
In this vital role, you will provide field support to claims adjusters for GuideOne commercial property claims. The Property Field Adjuster will conduct field based investigations to document damage and create damage estimates to support loss claim settlement.
The territory for the Field Adjuster will be a 200 mile radius surrounding Fort Wayne, Indiana.
If you are looking for more than a job and are ready to make meaningful work possible, we invite you to make your life’s work with us.
As a GuideOne Property Field Adjuster, you will:
- Make contact with insureds or claimants and arranges for onsite visits to document damage, take photographs, interview insured, claimants, witnesses and other appropriate parties to determine claim eligibility
- Investigate coverage, liability and cause of loss from routine to more complex commercial property claims.
- Document the condition of the property inspected for loss control reporting.
- Complete accurate and timely appraisals, valuations, and supplements and sends to the claim adjuster.
- Assist claim adjusters by properly evaluating and recommending settlement for losses according to documented damage, the language of the policy of insurance, and pertinent regulatory and statutory considerations
- Authorize and issues payments on the spot when appropriate
- Complete desk review estimates when not in the field
- Maintain agent relationships through personal contact
- Explain coverage of loss, assists policyholders with itemization of damages, emergency repairs and additional living arrangements.
- Work with and may coordinate a number of vendor services such as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services.
- Maintain effective claim file documentation and diary system.
- Has ability to travel for Catastrophe duty as needed
- Other duties as needed.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field or equivalent combination
- 3 years’ experience in handling commercial property claims
- Prior field claims experience is required
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty as needed
- Ability to carry and climb 24 foot ladder.
- Knowledge of commercial lines policy coverage and endorsements, industry trends and severity.
- Knowledge of commercial construction
- Ability to create repair estimates in Symbility (or another software package) and interpret estimates using unit pricing
- Ability to work independently in a home-based environment.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate in difficult situations.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
GuideOne Insurance was founded upon two key philosophies that endure to this day: a commitment to social responsibility, and a dedication to serving customers in select niche markets.
At GuideOne Insurance, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We encourage our employees to work towards common goals and succeed together. GuideOne is a recognized expert in providing Commercial Lines insurance and financial services to:
- Churches and Houses of Worship
- Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Organizations
- Schools and Higher Education Institutions
- Non-Profit Organizations
Rich Benefits Package:
- Casual dress every day
- 401K includes up to 3% match and 4% discretionary for a total of up to 7% at 100%
- Generous time off programs including; personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off
- Flexible work schedules promoting a work/life balance
- Full onsite cafeteria, open every day for breakfast and lunch with subsidized pricing
- Wellness program and incentives
- Free Basic Life & AD&D
- Free short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Educational assistance program
- 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision
- Various employee events throughout the year
- Onsite company store & services including; oil changes, massages, mailing station, dry cleaning & more
- Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities
- Free parking, employee gardens, and so much more!
No immigration sponsorship is offered for this position This Company Participates in E-Verify
Background Check Required
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)