Description Accountemps is looking for a Staff Accountant for a long term temporary opportunity. As a Staff Accountant, you will prepare monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, many aspects of internal reporting will be your responsibility. You will provide support in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will take part in SOX compliance, communicate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the 10Q and 10K reporting processes. This very involved position works to produce Cash Flow projections, Financial Statements, and Budgets. This company offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded and the role is based in the Fort Wayne, Indiana region.
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Participate in various initiatives spanning multiple departments
- Offer descriptions of a large number of financial data and communicate insights in a useful and understandable manner
- Complete month end close, journal entries, without supervision
- Participate in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Maintain monthly payment schedules
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Manage the design and creation of balance sheet analysis and communicate reports to management Requirements - Excellent analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- NetSuite, SAP, Blackline, SAGE and ADP skills desired
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Proven knowledge of fixed assets
- Strong familiarity with MS Outlook
- Journal entries experience highly desired
- General familiarity with property taxes
- Microsoft Excel experience preferred
- Well-founded grasp of real estate leasing
- SAP experience preferred
- CPA certification a plus
- At least 2 years of Accounting experience
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)