Job Description Responsible for overall management and operations of assigned departments: IV Teams, Maternal Child and all sub units, manages activates related to labor, delivery, recovery, postpartum and Pediatric services including newborn and NICU’s all levels. May also be responsible for community outreach programs through education and women’s health initiatives..
Under the administrative direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), is accountable and responsible for the effective delivery of competent, compassionate, and efficient patient care in areas of responsibility. This includes overall direction of clinical, quality and safety, human resources, and financial management.
Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies impacting patient care in and acute healthcare facility; develops, implements and monitors goals and objectives of assigned departments to most effectively integrate its technical and human resources to support the organization’s mission. Plans, manages. Evaluates, and provides for the delivery of patient care, having 24-hour primary responsibility through optimal utilization of technical and human resources. Responsible for business and administrative activities such as:
• Supervisory responsibility for Managers over assigned patient care operations; ensuring productivity standards are achieved
• Directs achievement of organizational goals such as HCAHPS, VBP, core measures, etc.
• Assists in facility planning and operations development for new additions;
• Development of departmental operating and capital budgets and monitoring revenues / expenses and capital budget for scope of operations;
• Assists in St Joseph’s business planning process;
• Works with physicians groups on evaluations of new technology, expansion of service lines, review of outcomes data for performance improvement;
• Identification of regional outreach opportunities providing community education programs;
• Develops annual customer service, employee/physician satisfaction and quality goals
• Collaborates with Community Relations / Marketing on the design and implementation of annual communication plan
Job Requirements Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications:
Registration / Certification / Licensure:
Current licensure in the state of Indiana as a Registered Nurse. .
CPR, on hire and maintain biannually.
NRP, PALS, STABLE, AWONN Certifications Preferred
A minimum of5 years healthcare experience in varied disciplines in obstetrics and pediatric service lines and the continuum of care. Minimum of five years’ experience in management and administration. Proven experience in the oversight of all aspects of OB services, including technical, clinical, financial and developmental. Knowledge of computer systems, information systems, information management, and data analysis.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Master’s Degree preferred, or related health care field. Technical knowledge of the obstetrics, neonatal, and pediatric service lines.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)