Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As the Training Specialist, you will perform and deliver on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of assigned area(s) of responsibility. You will develop, implement, and evaluate training plans and programs to ensure organizational readiness for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops, implements and evaluates training plans and programs for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility to meet departmental training objectives
- Develops training materials, manuals, procedures and/or visual aids to meet objectives of assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Develops and conducts training needs assessments and determines training requirements for new program development
- Conducts training and ongoing training evaluations to ensure effectiveness of programs and recommends modifications as necessary
- Liaises with assigned area(s) of responsibility to ensure training materials, procedures, plans and/or programs reflect business needs and support organizational readiness
- Proactively collaborates and communicates with appropriate internal/external stakeholders to address training gaps to optimize organizational performance
- May share knowledge with junior and/or peer team members.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Promotes and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Performs and delivers on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Identifies and communicates to management process improvements that reduce workloads or improve quality for assigned area(s) of responsibility
- 4 Year/Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- Professional designations and certification preferred
- 1 - 3+ Years’ experience in training that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate training needs using various communication methods such as computer based, interactive e-learning, traditional classroom etc
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances
- Ability to evaluate information and the implications of a course of action or solution
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Evaluate trends in data or information
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated solid relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues)
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Demonstrates solid project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of curriculum development principles
- Work and be proficient with e-mail systems
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)