Alternate Locations: Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
The Actuarial Development Program (ADP) at Lincoln Financial Group is an industry-leading program that demonstrates Lincoln Financial’s commitment to creating highly qualified business leaders. As an ADP participant, you’ll be able to explore different rotational opportunities while developing the essential analytical, technical, communication, and leadership skills you need to succeed as an actuarial leader.
As a member of the Pricing team within Group Protection, you will support the pricing and product development initiatives for Group Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Absence Management. Direct experience with disability products is not required, but preferred. This position will interface with internal business partners on our product teams, underwriting, IT and/or valuation team. This position will contribute to the strategic direction of the team and is expected to have an increasing sphere of influence as experience grows.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Independently develop and maintain LTD and STD manual rate tools.
- Manage LTD, STD and Absence Management pricing assumptions and modeling tools to ensure consistency and transparency.
- Lead Absence Management pricing studies and stakeholder communications.
- Directly communicate with internal customers. Synthesize feedback from divergent viewpoints.
- Establish and maintain a pricing technical library and model inventory.
- Assist with adhoc product development initiatives, underwriting requests, and rate filings.
Program participants receive up to 175 hours of company time to study per exam sitting. Lincoln Financial Group purchases required exam materials and pays exam fees in advance for each program participant.
We usually hire roughly 20-30 new ADP participants each year. Preferred majors include math/actuarial science, statistics, or business/economics. Other desired credentials for recent graduates are at least one SOA exam passed, summer actuarial internship experience, and a strong academic record.
We pay competitive salaries commensurate with exam progress and prior experience. Raises are given for exams passed between initial offer and start date as well as during your tenure in the program. Lincoln Financial Group offers full benefit programs to all employees.
- Threeor more SOA exams passed
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline required.
- Comfort with being a visible champion to internal business partners.
- Ability to think critically, identify potential challenges, discuss solutions, and validate results.
- Concise communication of key issues.
- Work with a sense of urgency while maintaining appropriate attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Excel and VBA.
- Skills in database development and maintenance is preferred.
- Skills in SAS, SQL or related programming is preferred.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)