Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As the Director, Records Management for Lincoln Financial Group, you will provide leadership and direction for the management and retrieval of policy records for all functions within Records Management for Life, Annuities and Retirement Plan Services operations. You will lead and direct large scale initiatives to transfer paper records to digitized forms across our key city locations – Greensboro, NC; Fort Wayne, IN; Hartford, CT and Concord, NH.
- Builds organizational capability within Records Management
- Directs and oversees the storage, retention, retrieval, and disposition of records across the enterprise
- Directs and oversees the imaging of paper records to digital forms
- Identifies and implements process improvements and procedures that enhance performance and/or stakeholder access to records, streamline workflow, and ensure consistency
- Directs the project planning and resource allocations for ongoing records conversion projects
- Develops metrics for all phases of the records conversion program
- Designs and implements training plans and cross-training opportunities based on assessment of team needs
- Provides expertise to internal stakeholders on best practices in system design and implementation of initiatives that will improve records management processes
- Stays current with all industry standards for records retention and electronic document management
- Ensures that the team maintains customer confidentiality while complying with privacy regulations
- Manages expenses and budget
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained
- 4 Year Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience
- 7+ Years of records management, imaging, or administrative services experience
- 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: Making suggestions for Process Improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 50%
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)