Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As the Director, Mail & Imaging Services for Lincoln Financial Group, you will provide leadership and direction for all functions within Mail & Imaging Services for Life, Annuities and Retirement Plan Services operations. This includes opening mail, scanning mailing into electronic images, indexing electronic images, and processing outgoing mail. You will lead and direct constant improvement and consistency across key city locations – Greensboro, NC; Fort Wayne, IN; Hartford, CT and Concord, NH in Mail & Imaging Services operations and ensure the team provides a high level of customer service to internal clients.
- Directs and oversees the opening, image preparation, scanning, and indexing of incoming mail to ensure high quality service is delivered to internal clients.
- Identifies and implements process improvements and procedures that enhance performance and/or stakeholder access to records, streamline workflow, and ensure consistency
- Advises and provides subject matter expertise to applicable internal and external stakeholders (e.g. business owners, IT, compliance and external vendors) on records management and document imaging
- Designs and implements training plans and cross-training opportunities based on assessment of team needs
- Stays current with all industry standards for records retention and electronic document management
- Ensures that the team maintains customer confidentiality while complying with privacy regulations
- Manages expenses and budget
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained
- 4 Year Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience
- 7+ Years of mailroom, imaging, or administrative services experience – Financial Services or Insurance Industry preferred
- 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills and aptitude to manage competing demands
- Strong Change Management Skills
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 50%
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.