Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
As a Training Consultant, you will be responsible for comprehensive curriculum development including the design, development, coordination and delivery of projects and training that support the goals and strategic development efforts of Retirement Plan Services. You will also act as a resource to applicable internal/external stakeholders by developing, implementing and evaluating more complex training programs to ensure organizational readiness.
- Manages performance enhancement and training programs to increase productivity for RPS
- Operates as the team point-of-contact for coordination and delivery of relevant training initiatives
- Conducts periodic needs analysis and surveys, tracks training trends and communicate with RPS leadership to identify and make recommendations for future direction and training needs
- Develops, implements and evaluates more complex training programs, including product, technology, new hire orientation, competency, and sales skills modules
- Develops more complex training materials, procedures, manuals, training plans, and/or visual aids to meet objectives of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Develops and conducts more complex training needs assessments and determines training requirements for new program development
- Serves as a trusted training resource and ensures training materials, plans and/or programs reflect business needs and organizational readiness of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Proactively collaborates and communicates with appropriate internal/external stakeholders to address more complex training gaps to optimize organizational performance
- Works with leadership to identify key workshops and agenda topics for regional and national meetings
- Creates and maintains tools to reinforce information and assist field employees
- Compares, evaluates and recommends training programs
- Anticipates future needs and envision impact of training programs to create insightful, breakthrough programs
- Consults on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Manages, conducts and/or participates in more complex training projects
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- 4 Year/Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- S6 within 180 days
- Professional designations and certification preferred
- 3-5+ years in training or RPS experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this role
- Implementation and/or New Business experience preferred
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to evaluate information and the implications of a course of action or solution
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates solid project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues).
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with collaborative style
- A track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possess a bias for action and avoid workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.