Alternate Locations: Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Concord, NH (New Hampshire); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Rolling Meadows, IL (Illinois)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As the Sr. Consultant, Program Management, you will provide subject matter expertise to Digital Program Office leaders across a full portfolio of complex projects and initiatives for Lincoln’s Digital Project Management organization. You will leverage project delivery practices to contribute to successful Digital Project Delivery. You will influence leaders in a matrixed environment and provide operational direction on multiple, complex enterprise-wide, cross-functional initiatives related to project & program management, value capture, and process optimization.
- Develops & executes complex effective project & program management throughout the project development lifecycle, including but not limited to: project planning, resource planning, change management and communications planning, and managing changes to scope
- Ensures project schedule is accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized changes
- Directs and delivers complex projects and programs conforming to Digital Enterprise governance, ensuring consistent application of standards and priorities, including change control and project management methodology. Facilitates adoption and implementation of governance across the enterprise.
- Identifies key cross-functional issues and project synergies; provides subject matter expertise and guidance to Digital team and business customers with specific project issues
- Collaborates effectively with management and project stakeholders on complex issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality, and risk of projects and programs
- Analyzes project and program plans to validate if project outcomes will meet business needs and align with plans and objectives; Creates a work intake model focused on quantified business value and consistent tracking across Digital portfolio
- Advises and collaborates with project owners and other stakeholders to manage project and program quality and cost. Provides a focus on quality and consistency through program/project checkpoints.
- Leads the creation of metrics and report cards to monitor implementation progress and measure benefit realization for all Digital initiative deliverables
- Aid in establishing and manage reporting mechanisms for Digital initiative progress, from project level up to executive and audit level reporting
- Identifies and resolves complex project and program issues to minimize delays. Manages consistent, proactive identification of risks/issues/conflicts that may impede the implementation/integration of Digital initiatives, driving consistency across the Digital program team
- Facilitates project and program communications with sponsors and other leaders and contributors to drive and enhance project and program management capabilities for all Digital initiatives, including the coordination of planning and execution across business unit and IT
- Monitors & manages risk, and raises issues that affect the programs and projects
- 4 Year Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience
- PMP, PMI-ACP, CAPM Certifications preferred but not required
- 5 – 7+ Years of experience in Program and/or Project Management required – Financial Service and/or Banking Industry Experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding on Intelligent Automation and/or Robotic Processing
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile and/or Lean Methodologies preferred but not required
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to multiple, competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements with a keen sense of attention to detail and delivery of a consistent, concise message
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal & external clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a tactful, collaborative style
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.