Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex Business System Analysis projects/initiatives for Annuity Valuation. S/he will also advise and collaborates with business stakeholders to define and validate complex information technology solutions that meet the needs, goals and objectives for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
Specifically, the individual will represent Annuity Valuation as the area’s business systems expert with primary focus on the Fixed / Indexed / Payout Annuity business. S/he will direct the development and maintenance of data feeds from the administrative and compensation systems to the Annuity Valuation systems, ensuring that Annuity Valuation is prepared to meet regulatory requirements associated with the development of new products and the maintenance of in-force business by ensuring the quality and integrity of data feeds to the Annuity Valuation Systems.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs, advises and collaborates with internal and/or external stakeholders to determine complex technical specifications from business requirements.
- Develops complex technical solution requirements for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Using structured requirements process, clearly articulates, documents and validates complex technical requirements.
- Advises and provides expertise to appropriate internal stakeholders to assess and deliver proposed complex technical solutions which meet business requirements and/or which integrate process, business rules and business data with technology.
- Provides direction and collaborates effectively with appropriate stakeholders on complex issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality and risk of assigned projects.
- Determines and advises the most appropriate technical response to identified complex problems, issues and/or defects by assessing impact and prioritization.
- Provides complex technical research and analysis to support business operations needs and presents findings to management or project leader.
- Determines complex IT best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
- Provides a complex understanding the business usage of information technology (IT) and helping technology add value to the business.
- Serves as a mentor and shares knowledge with more junior team members.
- May develop complex test plans and perform testing as needed.
- May update tables as needed.
- Directs and/or participates in the planning/estimating of projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s) in Information Technology
- 5 – 7+ Years’ experience in business systems analysis that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior/executive management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to read and understand programming languages such as COBOL and SAS
- Ability to navigate and use mainframe tools such as TSO, FileAid
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information. #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)