Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As the Product Actuary in Retirement Plan Services, you will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives. You will direct, develop and perform complex actuarial analysis and provide recommendations.
- Provides product research and design for Defined Contribution Retirement Products, with a significant interaction on stable value products, including stable value wrap products.
- Designs and develops products to provide the targeted distribution and marketplace product offerings with distinct competitive advantages.
- Develop products to meet LFG’s profit objectives in collaboration with other key stakeholders.
- Identifies and builds the appropriate control procedures to ensure the integrity of all actuarial models used
- Ability to support new product development - adapting industry data and knowledge and our own experience on like products, to the particular new product assignment.
- Directs, develops and/or runs complex actuarial models and analyses
- Provides expertise on actuarial models and assumption development and suggests new ways of managing risk
- Lead actuarial projects and proactively identify challenges and resolutions.
- Organizes findings in a clear, systematic fashion and presents actuarial recommendations to various levels of management and other stakeholders
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable to company operations, and competitive developments in the marketplace
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit
- Analyzes and synthesizes information from multiple sources in varying degrees of completeness and clarity to develop and present actuarial recommendations to different levels of management and other stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree in Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or another quantitative major
- ASA required, FSA preferred
- 5 – 7+ Years’ experience in actuarial work that aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures
- Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited data exists by applying general business principles and logical assumptions as required.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend process improvements #LI-AE!
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)