Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
As an Internal Retirement Consultant, you will be responsible for supporting and growing 403(b)/401(k) participant relationships with Lincoln. You will provide value through a call center business model dedicated to client education, relationship building, asset retention, client servicing and rollover guidance.
- Make proactive calls to in-service participants with the goal of initiating face to face meetings with the Worksite Retirement Consultant
- Coordinate and document participant scheduling in regards to onsite Plan Sponsor Enrollment meetings, seminars
- Provide relevant, product-neutral guidance to plan participants after engaging in an adequate discovery conversation to determine appropriate next steps
- Manage IRA book of business by assisting in completion of application process; monitor status and providing follow-up calls until properly processed
- Maintain adequate technical expertise in retirement rollover planning, major regulation changes and relevant products, as part of general knowledge base
- Assist in the testing/monitoring and/or development of new systems or tools
- Provide on-site Retirement Consultant assistance as opportunities are available
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 or 66 registrations,Life & Healthrequired within 90 days
- FINRA Series 7 preferred
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain the FINRA and Insurance State licenses
- 1+ yearsof experience that directly align with the responsbilities of the role
- Prior experience engaging clients/customers in financial discussions - call center experienced preferred
- Solid knowledge of retirement plans and how they are established, managed and distributed -- in particular IRAs, 401(k)s, 403(b)s, and Roth IRAs
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)