Date Posted: 10/10/2017 Job Code: WRHOPSMGR Location: Garrett, IN Address: 301 N. Taylor Road City: Garrett State: IN Country: United States of America Category: Celadon Logistics Description
Reports to the Site Manager and is a keycustomer contact for the warehousing facility. Responsible for successful day-to-day management of safety, delivery and inventory accuracy. Coordinates the material flow within the facility to ensure customer delivery goals are met. The Operations Manager must successfully adhere to the organization’s level of customer service based on corporate mission and values.
- Customer satisfaction through on-time delivery of product and information – 24/7.
- Responsible for 100% On-Time delivery of product every hour, every day.
- Manages warehousing operations within company policies and procedures.
- Manages material flow within warehouse/store locations.
- Ensures accuracy and addresses issues within the receiving process.
- Maintains and tracks warehouse budget and expenses.
- Maintains delivery window and frequency to customer’s plant.
- Measures and reports cycle counting/inventory accuracy.
- Maintains warehouse delivery set-ups (hot orders, dock delivery, inventory transactions).
- Establishes and maintains a positive customer relationship.
- Conducts employee performance reviews.
- Participates in developing the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Responsible for safety, quality and driving improvements within the facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or other related fields
- Knowledge of quality management systems – ISO 9001:2000 certification
- Knowledge of warehouse systems, (ASC Trac, a plus)
- 2-5 years as Operations or Warehouse manager
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office production and inventory management systems (APICS certification, a plus)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to meet deadlines and deal with emergencies
- Ability to lead and coach effectively
- Ability to analyze data and process flows
- Position requires great flexibility and availability due to varied work schedule
- High resistance to stress stemming from tight deadlines and unexpected situations
- Willing to work cross functionally
- Able to work effectively with varied levels of management and individual contributors
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt a plus
Celadon, one of Indiana’s fastest growing companies, is looking for top candidates to join our winning team! Apply today for the opportunity to work with an industry leader to service our Fortune 500 client-base.
About this company
Celadon is one of the largest and most progressive transportation and logistics companies in North America. Founded in 1985, Celadon has grown continuously for over 28 years and now employs over 4,000 associates worldwide. We have the newest equipment operated by the most skilled drivers on the road; our expertise means reliability and dependability. As one of the top truckload carriers in North America, we have international resources strategically located within the United States, Canada, and Mexico. In addition to international business, Celadon also offers a range of truckload transportation services within the United States, including long-haul, regional, local and dedicated. Our facilities allow us to provide a total transportation solution. Celadon Logistics provides freight management services, less-than-truckload consolidation and freight brokerage services. Celadon Dedicated Services offers supply chain management solutions, such as warehousing and dedicated fleet services. You can count on us for solutions to all your transportation and logistics needs.