The Commercial segment is a leading manufacturer of refuse collection vehicles, front and rear discharge concrete mixers, portable and stationary concrete batch plants, field service vehicles, and truck mounted cranes. All backed by 24/7 support, our segment’s brands consist of McNeilus, CON-E-CO, London Machinery, and IMT. Oshkosh Commercial leads it’s industries in both innovation & quality.
Oshkosh Commercial is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world’s toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Serve as confidential administrative support and perform administrative duties for department/division personnel. Use established office procedures to perform the necessary job functions required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist in organizing and scheduling of internal and external meetings. Make arrangements for conferences & travel and assemble background materials as necessary. Coordinate schedules so meetings and travel are of highest quality and use time efficiently
2. Assist in the organization and performance of special projects which involve research and analysis
3. Review outgoing material and correspondence for accuracy and format
4. Some original composition of letters and memos required using independent judgment and initiative
5. Screen telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence
6. Broad knowledge of corporate operations and procedures enabling response to requests for information to determine which requests should be handled by the supervisor, staff member, or other person(s)
7. Schedule appointments and maintain supervisor’s calendar
8. Provide miscellaneous administrative support duties such as organizing & maintaining files and distributing mail
9. Other duties as assigned
Associate’s degree in administrative assistant or equivalent
3-plus years related experience
JD Edwards experience preferred
Ability to exercise independent judgment while handling multiple tasks
Working knowledge of computer software (i.e. Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), etc.; Adobe Acrobat; Internet search tools
Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
Excellent customer service and communication skills
Creation of AR
General data gathering/entering to inclue work orders, purchase orders, requisitions, time cards, and inventory
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application. Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation’s legal duty to furnish information. Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.