Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This Associate, Reinsurance Accountant will perform and deliver on routine assignments and projects for his/her assigned area(s) of Reinsurance Accounting responsibility. S/he will prepare, record, analyze and report basic reinsurance accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Collects, compiles and evaluates basic financial information utilized to prepare accurate and timely financial reports and accounting statements for management.
- Communicates with third party reinsurers on identified basic discrepancies and resolves in a collaborative and timely fashion.
- Conducts quality assurance checks on his/her journal entries and posts to General Ledger Accounts.
- Determines basic classifications and records financial transactions applying accounting technique, standard practices and accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting principles.
- Ensures the integrity of basic accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles, and compliance with internal controls and SOX.
- Escalates and communicates to management on accounting issues/concerns.
- Identifies, researches and resolves discrepancies or out of balance situations amongst assigned General Ledger Accounts.
- Participates in accounting projects
- Prepares basic financial foot note information for SEC, GAAP and statutory reporting
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports on assigned general ledger and basic reinsurance accounting transactions in accordance with accounting principles so that the General Ledger is accurate and up-to-date.
- Provides accurate and timely reinsurance treaty administration which includes cash settlements and analyzing and validating data.
- Provides basic reinsurance financial support to accounting team members in the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports and accounting statements for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Researches and provides basic accounting impacts on new and existing reinsurance structures/transaction.
Education & Experience
- 0 - 1+ Years of experience in Accounting or Finance that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s)in (Minimum Required)
- Interest in acquiring a CPA desired, minimal travel. #LI-AY1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.