Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This position provides leadership, direction and functional expertise to ensure departmental results for the Annuity Product Application Development responsibility. S/he directs all elements of application development, innovation and support, including development of strategic application roadmaps, management and execution of programs and projects across multiple platforms and application suites, and leadership of technical solutions supporting process improvement initiatives.
- Utilizes combined knowledge of IT platforms/services, Annuity Products, and Annuity Operations functions to execute the IT planning and delivery of project initiatives in support of Annuity Product software releases. This includes large scale program management oversight of four quarterly releases averaging approximately 48,000 hours of IT effort each.
- Coordinates the delivery of up to 38 geographically dispersed application development teams (inclusive of direct and indirect reporting relationships), governance of IT Managed Service Providers (DXC and Cognizant) in an onshore/offshore working model, and coordination of up to 10 IT support teams (e.g. architecture, security, web hosting, mainframe services, etc.) to achieve Annuity Product objectives.
- Leverages core IT knowledge and experience of software development languages/platforms, methodologies(e.g. Agile, waterfall, ‘lean’, etc.) , and tools to innovate, drive efficiencies, and improve the overall Speed to Market for Annuity project delivery.
- Utilizes IT knowledge and experience to review project estimates for impacted teams, assess for reasonability, ensure traceability to defined scope elements, and ensure conformance to overall budget constraints. Collect and explain estimation variances and/or cost drivers to executive business partners enabling strategic discussions and decisions related to automation alternatives.
- Partner with the customer for strategic planning to align IT resources (estimates) to key Annuity product features (scope) required for prioritized ‘go to market’ launch objectives (establishing project baselines for execution). This includes the facilitation and governance of changing needs/requirements during the project execution cycle – maintaining flexibility balanced within acceptable risk tolerance to ensure delivery of commitments.
- Cultivates core relationships with the Annuity Product business executive team covering product development, pricing, finance, and system implementations.
- Participates in the governance and scheduling of shared test environments (inclusive of test data management) to manage overall risk to program delivery, and meet the needs of the Annuity Product project portfolio.
- Assesses and communicates risk and mitigation strategies associated with IT investments and their associated impacts to the enterprise.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal clients to better understand how technology can best support current and future business needs.
- Collaborates during the annual planning process by responding to business requests and/or recommending system enhancements then develops associated budgets and plans
- Collaborates with appropriate project management resources on the development and execution of complex project plans, test plans and implementation plans including ensuring appropriate project resource allocations.
- Contributes to strategic development of applications development that delivers innovative technology solutions which meet current, evolving and future business needs.
- Develops, directs and oversees applications standards and development policies, procedures and methodology that can be utilized by development teams for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and maintains an appropriate Application Development organization with resources capable of supporting innovation and the needs of the company through cost-effective information technology.
- Drives and directs the development of strategy for technology solutions, in collaboration with key business stakeholders, to anticipate and address current and evolving business needs, opportunities and trends.
- Ensures adherence to approved budgets.
- Develop and direct the departmental budget for his/her area(s) of responsibility.
- Oversee and manage vendor relationships and processes to coordinate activities and ensure compliance of statement of work.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s)in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
- 10+ Years experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience including influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience(Required)
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.