Job Description Caring QMAs make the difference!! At American Senior Communities, we C.A.R.E! * C
ompassion * A
ttentiveness * R
elationships * E
These are the core values at American Senior Communities. They are our guiding principles to help each of us make the right choices. They not only frame our decisions, but they also guide our actions. These values provide the framework for all of our relationships with our customers, staff, family members, and community at large. Are you ready to make a difference?
Weare currently accepting applications for the following position:
Qualified Medication Aide (QMA)
The Qualified Medication Aide (QMA) sets up, administers, and records certain prescribed medications for residents in the facility under the supervision of a licensed nurse and as allowed by State regulatory agencies. We are hiring experienced QMAs as well as brand new QMAs!
- Prepares and administers safely and documents regularly prescribed oral, eye, nasal, and ear medications to residents. Prepares and administers topical medications to intact skin.
- Administers as allowed, PRN drugs when authorized by a licensed nurse.
- Uses the Physician’s Desk Reference or other appropriate drug reference if ever unsure or unclear as to drug being administered.
- Checks physician’s orders against medication forms.
- Maintains cleanliness and proper storage of all drugs and maintains a clean working environment.
- Keeps medication cart locked while unattended.
- Care for and position all patient tubing and bags as instructed.
- Counts all drugs on Individual Control Drug Records with on-coming charge person at shift change.
- Makes rounds and reports needs and conditions to the charge nurse as applicable.
- Administers vital signs and documents properly.
- Keeps medical records current by charting pertinent resident conditions timely and routine charting as scheduled, with co-signature by licensed nurse.
- Answer call lights, bed/chair sensors, pull-pin alarms, and security care bracelet alarms promptly and courteously.
- Order medications from pharmacy per physician order.
- Performs duties as assigned in Facility Fire and Disaster Plan that may include taking charge of evacuation, drills, and transportation of residents.
We offer attractive compensation and an excellent benefitspackage including:
- Understands may be subject to callback during emergency situations (i.e. severe weather, evacuations, post-disaster, etc.).
Group medical/dental/ vision/life insurance 401(k) Retirement Plan Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays Disability Insurance Tuition Assistance Room forAdvancementYear End BonusVerizon andSprint Cell Phone DiscountO2ne Program –Paid LPN and RN TrainingReferral Bonusesup to $1000YMCA DiscountsAND NOW OFFERING…25% off tuition at any HarrisonCollege Location!
Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, familymembers, customers and staff.
Successfulcompletion of a state approved training program in medication administration.
Must completeannual medication evaluation with Registered Pharmacy Consultant or designee.
Current CPR Certification
Current active QMA Certification
About this company
At a time when home and health services are seen as fragmented and, consequently, frustrating, where can today’s senior adults find a housing community to call home? That was our challenge, and the reason we created American Senior Communities. We’ve created senior living communities specifically designed to serve today’s seniors by providing a multitude of lifestyle choices with integrated services and amenities.
Each American Senior Community is part of the neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living communities is based on the knowledge that we’ll be part of your neighborhood for many, many years.
When someone chooses to live in one of our retirement communities or health care facilities, we become an extension of their family. We take the time to get to know each of our residents and their families on a personal level. Our communities are made up of individuals, and with that in mind, we focus on serving individual need