Job Description Caring Nursesmake the difference!! At American Senior Communities, we C.A.R.E! * C
ompassion * A
ttentiveness * R
These are the core values at American Senior Communities. They are our guidingprinciples to help each of us make the right choices. They not only frame ourdecisions, but they also guide our actions. These values provide the frameworkfor all of our relationships with our customers, staff, family members, andcommunity at large. Areyou ready to make a difference?
Weare currently accepting applications for the following position: Resident Care Coordinator (RN / Registered Nurse)
TheResident Care Coordinator mentors and assists facility staff with thecoordination of resident care in order to meet or exceed ASC standards withcustomer service and standards of care.ESSENTIALPOSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates resident care between shifts to ensure continuity of care, and exercises discretion when change of care is needed and communicates accordingly to those involved in the care of the resident(s).
- Monitors new admissions to ensure appropriate care plan interventions are in place and consistent from shift to shift.
- Ensure evening admissions are effectively transitioned into health care community and that all resident needs are met during first few hours or care.
- Coordinates and manages evening and/or weekend discharges to ensure that appropriate interventions have been implemented and that if a discharge must take place that it happens in a manner that is conducive to the health and well being of the resident.
- Provides education and training to direct care givers of residents experiencing changes in condition to ensure continuity of care from shift to shift.
- Monitors resident experiencing changes in condition; residents that have experienced a recent fall; residents with new or worsening behaviors; residents that require increased nursing time related to medications/treatment changes to ensure continuity of care from shift to shift.
- Assists the Director of Nursing Services in the daily functions of clinical services as directed by the DNS. This includes, but is not limited to, rotating weekend call, assisting with daily follow-through of resident change of condition reports, supervision of resident dining service, assisting with resident complaint investigation and resolution, investigation of abuse allegations, etc.
- May serve as Manager on Duty (MOD).
We offer attractive compensation and an excellent benefitspackage including:
Group medical/dental/ vision/life insurance 401(k) Retirement Plan Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays Disability Insurance Tuition Assistance Room forAdvancementYear End BonusVerizon andSprint Cell Phone DiscountO2ne Program –Paid LPN and RN TrainingReferral Bonusesup to $1000YMCA DiscountsAND NOW OFFERING…25% off tuition at any HarrisonCollege Location!
Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, familymembers, customers and staff.
Must be available to work flexible hours.
Graduated from an accredited school of nursing and hold a currentIndiana Registered Nurse license.
Minimum of threeyears’ clinical experience in Geriatric or Gerontology couples with a minimumof one-year experience as a Departmental Manager of a Long Term Care.
Prior consultingexperience preferred.
Must have vastexperience and working knowledge of Process improvement, Federal and Stateregulation, admission and discharge process.
Ability to dealtactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, governmentagencies, and hospitals.
About this company
At a time when home and health services are seen as fragmented and, consequently, frustrating, where can today’s senior adults find a housing community to call home? That was our challenge, and the reason we created American Senior Communities. We’ve created senior living communities specifically designed to serve today’s seniors by providing a multitude of lifestyle choices with integrated services and amenities.
Each American Senior Community is part of the neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living communities is based on the knowledge that we’ll be part of your neighborhood for many, many years.
When someone chooses to live in one of our retirement communities or health care facilities, we become an extension of their family. We take the time to get to know each of our residents and their families on a personal level. Our communities are made up of individuals, and with that in mind, we focus on serving individual need