Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
As the Manager of the Annuity Distribution Team, you will manage a large team and oversee the financial processing of complex transactions and ensure that participants receive distributions timely and accurately. You will build relationships cross functionally that lead to providing excellent customer service, increasing revenue, and reducing risk. You will drive process improvements to deliver quality results, increase customer satisfaction, standardize and simplify the experience across products, and enhance the Lincoln brand.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Manages and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance to his/her assigned area of responsibility’s team members on more complex data and financial processing
- Establishes and implements individual and team priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure completion of responsibility
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent
- Manages and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality
- Serves as a resource to team members and internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects
- Manages assigned area(s) of responsibility to ensure workloads are appropriately balanced among team members
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained
- Builds organizational capability within assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Manages a team and processes assigned area(s)
- Ensures quality assurance checks/audits on financial processing transactions are completed
- Reviews and resolves more complex escalated issues and concerns
- Escalates issues as needed
- Forecasts financial processing volumes and short and long-term staffing requirements
- Designs and implements assigned team’s training plans based on assessment of team needs
- Ensures team is appropriately trained to process and respond to customer questions, concerns and/or requests
- Monitors and controls expenses within defined budget limits
- May develop budgets for assigned area(s) of responsibility
4 Year/Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- 5+ Years of experience in Operations that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 2+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to ensure workloads are appropriately balanced among team members.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Demonstrates ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.